Windows 10: Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro

Discus and support Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have reinstalled, I have clean booted, I have run sfc and dism, I have done the regedit "set the default vbs file" thing and the regedit "delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Srgisme, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Srgisme Win User

Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro

I have reinstalled, I have clean booted, I have run sfc and dism, I have done the regedit "set the default vbs file" thing and the regedit "delete values after userinit" thing, and NOTHING removes this dang pop-up on every reboot! I do not want to have to freaking flash my hard drive and lose everything just to fix my computer, so I am hoping someone can help. Here are the 5 pop-ups in order than come up on every single boot. It also seems my computer is running something in the background, as the hourglass keeps appears every couple seconds. Am I just doomed? Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro 3895cd8f-2481-47dc-ac4b-c5377e970b3a?upload=true.png Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro 0915094d-c797-4afd-96d7-e3f131093c82?upload=true.png Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro 12a7bc42-53fe-4b1e-afba-ef6ee26ca1c1?upload=true.png Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro c837dcba-df3f-4436-9d18-20f1e179728e?upload=true.png Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro 8f646957-756b-4afb-a873-219f5b0e82e3?upload=true.png

:)

Srgisme, Apr 7, 2021

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Belle5874 Win User
    Windows script host pop up

How do you remove Windows Script host pop up? Pop up says "can not find script file" c:\users\

Belle5874, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro

Windows Script Host Pop-ups Windows 10

Hello RomanUK,

You can try the options given here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You would replace the name checker.vbs with the vbs files you have popping up. You can also try the suggestions given here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-script-h...

It seems you are having troubles from a previous issue with malware. The steps outlined in the given links should clear this up for you. Please let me know how it goes.

Disclaimer: Please be aware that the link provided is not a microsoft link, it is advised to not download anything from this site as it is not verified by Microsoft.

-Michael C.-, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro

1. Windows Script Host pop up on startup ever since virus removal and reinstall of windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Script Host pop

2. windows script host notification pops up every 5 minutes ever since virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows script host notification pops up every 5 minutes ever since virus.: So, i installed an editing software from a website but noticed a new app in "startup" called time tracker pro. of course it looked suspicious and deleted it instantly along with every single file. however, windows script host error started appearing and i havent found the...
  3. windows script host notification pops up every 5 minutes ever since virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows script host notification pops up every 5 minutes ever since virus.: So, i installed an editing software from a website but noticed a new app in "startup" called time tracker pro. of course it looked suspicious and deleted it instantly along with every single file. however, windows script host error started appearing and i havent found the...
  4. windows script host notification pops up every 5 minutes ever since virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows script host Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows script host Pop up: Hi. I keep getting this pop up and have no idea how to get rid of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-pop-up/ae55d5ca-d0dd-4016-b06a-dd695d32c8ef
  6. Windows script host Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows script host Pop up: Hi. I keep getting this pop up and have no idea how to get rid of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-pop-up/ae55d5ca-d0dd-4016-b06a-dd695d32c8ef
  7. Windows script host pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows script host pop up: How do you remove Windows Script host pop up? Pop up says "can not find script file" c:\users\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-pop-up/dcee51f1-be15-4f48-b8ee-7f8f5cc6fe25
  8. Windows Script Host Pop-ups Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Script Host Pop-ups Windows 10: I keep getting the below popups from Windows Script Host on my PC every minute or so. I have no idea why or how to stop them - help would be appreciated. [ATTACH][ATTACH] I already posted this but I accidentally closed it...
  9. Windows Script Host Pop-up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Script Host Pop-up Windows 10: Since earlier today, I keep getting the same popup from Windows Script Host every minute or so. I have no idea why or how to stop it - help would be appreciated! [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows script host pop-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows script host pop-up: how do I get rid of a windows script host error popup. Concerning--cannot find script file--- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-script-host-pop-up/c9c758d0-1b0d-4147-b813-4ecebc66a98e