Windows 10: Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or...

Discus and support Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I probably have some malware that has not been fully removed. And i need to manage to remove whatever scheduled task or other script it is that is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gilliam de lauw, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or...

Hi,I probably have some malware that has not been fully removed. And i need to manage to remove whatever scheduled task or other script it is that is trying to run this script every few minutes.I first discovered it after a scan with RogueKiller identified a malicious file,Located in the C:\Windows folder the file was msvcp140_2, no file extension so not the .dll file of the same name.When i inspect the file with Notepad++ it is clear it's a bunch of command lines to WScript but with a lot of random gibberish arguments, i can post the file or the copy of the text if required, i would very mu

:)

Gilliam de lauw, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Task Scheduler doesn't run script

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you able to run the script manually? If yes, does it do what it is intended to?

Disable the UAC temporarily.

Make sure that the Task scheduler
    service is running.

Press ‘Win+R’.

Type Services.msc.

Locate the service Task scheduler
    and make sure that it is in running state.

Go to the Conditions
    tab in task scheduler and make sure that no such condition is set which could block the task from running.

Enable All Tasks History in Task scheduler and run the scheduled task.

Refresh the task scheduler and check if you find any error message/code for any step in the task run.

Also try with disabling Run whether the user is logged on or not
    option and see if the script runs.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 12, 2021
  4. S-278 Win User

Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or...

Task Scheduler doesn't run script

Hey Microsoft Community,

I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried using
    both .EXE and .BAT scripts. I have set the task to run whether I'm logged in or not, using Highest Privileges, from my Administrator account; I have Full Access to the script file and the directory it's in; I have tried putting the directory it's in into the
    "Start in" field; I have tried opening Task Scheduler as an Administrator. Every time the task runs successfully, but the thing my script is supposed to do isn't done, from which I am inferring that the script doesn't get executed. The script isn't using any
    network connections. It's also not being blocked by my antivirus, I checked by temporarily turning it off.

System info:

Windows 10 x64 version 1803

Thanks in advance!

S-278, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or...

1. Windows script host runs unknown script every few minutes. Can't find scheduled task or... - Similar Threads - script host runs

2. Every 10 minutes, there is a pop-up saying ''Windows script host ... Cannot find script...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every 10 minutes, there is a pop-up saying ''Windows script host ... Cannot find script...: Every 10 minutes, there is a pop-up saying ''Windows script host ... Cannot find script file C:!\programData\Winndows\profile\1.vbs Problem resolution please !!!...
  3. windows script host can not find script file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows script host can not find script file: Hola! Tengo este problema, al iniciar windows me aparece este mensaje: windows script host can not find script file C:\ProgramData\AirHashing\Hide.vbs Intente eliminar este malware estoy conciente que es un malware o virus con el software malwarebites, pero al ejecutar el...
  4. Running a script on file deletion with task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a script on file deletion with task scheduler.: I'm trying to figure out how to run a (python) script whenever any file is deleted with task scheduler. I tried googling but with no success, all I found out was that the event ID for file deletion is 4660 I think, and it's probably under security logs. The problem is that...
  5. Script and task Scheduler

Script and task Scheduler: Hello I work for a company with a number of powerful graphic computers on which Windows 10 is installed These computers work 24/7 with 2 engine programs that run intermittently 24/7 but not in parallel. I want to know if it is possible to create a script and use it...
  6. Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run: I have a simple script to change my wallpaper that I want to run every 24 hours (separate script that runs fine to download APOD daily). I'm on Windows 10. The script is a .pyw python file. If I run the script using IDLE or simply manually running it by double clicking, it...
  7. Windows Script Host can not find script file

Windows Script Host can not find script file: After doing the most recent windows update, when the computer restarted I began getting the error message "Windows Script Host Can not find script file ntuser.dat:regctl.js and it's really getting quite frustrating I left out the c:\ part. It will appear on startup and after...
  8. Windows Script host: Can not find script file...

Windows Script host: Can not find script file...: Every time I launch my laptop this always pops up 'Can not find script file "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\biqvttqd\yvayhx.js"'. Why is this ?, how do I fix it? please help me....
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  10. Task Scheduler Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Script: I want to enable and disable my Ethernet connection at specific times each day. Task Scheduler prompts me for the script identifying the action of enabling or disabling the Ethernet connection. How do I identify these two specific scripts? 75194