Windows 10: Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

Discus and support Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About 2 days ago I ran Avast Antivirus to make sure it didn't find anything. It marked something as malicious and I got rid of it to feel safe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vocalifornia, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

About 2 days ago I ran Avast Antivirus to make sure it didn't find anything. It marked something as malicious and I got rid of it to feel safe.

Turned out to be some kind of "important" file? I'm not particularly sure, but whenever I turn on my PC it pops up a Windows Script Host Error message.

Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified 1a2c5bbc-4254-4a81-8ad9-f6475d6dd751?upload=true.jpg

I'm not very good with computers so I'm sorry if my makeshift solutions sound dumb, but I tried going into the command prompt and typing ”sfc /scannow”. Some post said it could work, but it didn't.

A friend told me that I could maybe update my computer and it would "recreate" the file. So I updated to Windows 10 2004. It did nothing. I still get the same error message.

AppXApplicabilityBlob does not seem like a super important file, but the error message is starting to bug me. I don't want to open my PC and get this message all the time.

I would be fine not having the file, all I want is for that error message to go away.

:)

Vocalifornia, Jul 13, 2020

2. error on windows script host, the system cannot find the file specified. script : c:\windows\run.vbs line: 39 code: 80070002

i have this error says

error: the system cannot find the file specified

script : c:\windows\run.vbs

line: 39

char: 1

code: 80070002

OP - error on windows script host

legioncommander, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Raven2099 Win User
    The system cannot find the file specified

In my downloads folder uis a file/folder

I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.*

files/folder will not delete

Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified [​IMG]

Suggestions? Ideas?

Raven2099, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

windows script host cannot find script file

Hello,

This error may arise due to third party programs. To address your concern, we suggest that you do the troubleshooting steps from ZigZag3143's answer on this
    thread link, and see how it goes.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

1. Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified - Similar Threads - Script Host system

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  5. How to get rid of "The system cannot find the file specified" error in Windows Script Host

How to get rid of "The system cannot find the file specified" error in Windows Script Host: I assume this error is being caused by a virus, as i've already ran Malwarebytes and found malware, which i got rid of. Yet, i still get this error whenever i log in my computer. Any help in getting rid of it is appreciated....
  6. How to get rid of "The system cannot find the file specified" error in Windows Script Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of "The system cannot find the file specified" error in Windows Script Host: I assume this error is being caused by a virus, as i've already ran Malwarebytes and found malware, which i got rid of. Yet, i still get this error whenever i log in my computer. Any help in getting rid of it is appreciated....
  7. How to get rid of "The system cannot find the file specified" error in Windows Script Host

8. Windows Script Host Error - The system cannot find the file specified - error code #80070002

Windows Script Host Error - The system cannot find the file specified - error code #80070002: I stupidly force shut down my computer last night as it was restarting. The moment it temporary switched off during the restart, I powered it off. Ever since then I receive a windows script host error upon every startup. I couldn't find this specific error anywhere online. I...
  9. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  10. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...