Windows 10: Windows search always opens full screen

Discus and support Windows search always opens full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having problems with the windows+s search function. Whenever I use it to search, it opens up like this. I disabled full screen for the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JChow99, Sep 17, 2020.

1. JChow99 Win User

Windows search always opens full screen

Hi,

I'm having problems with the windows+s search function. Whenever I use it to search, it opens up like this. I disabled full screen for the start menu and updated windows in hope that it would fix the issue. However, it still persists. On other windows 10 devices, it never does this for me. Can someone please assist me with this?

Thanks,

J Windows search always opens full screen b0fbb000-5d28-490e-8c4f-ce829ee3ac49?upload=true.png

:)

JChow99, Sep 17, 2020
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows search always opens full screen - Similar Threads - search always opens

2. My search bar results won't open into a full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar results won't open into a full screen: My search bar has stopped opening up in full screen when I search for something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-results-wont-open-into-a-full-screen/6566b8b8-3027-4f6d-9cd4-91cd85488b18
  3. My search bar results won't open into a full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar results won't open into a full screen: My search bar has stopped opening up in full screen when I search for something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-results-wont-open-into-a-full-screen/6566b8b8-3027-4f6d-9cd4-91cd85488b18
  4. My search bar results won't open into a full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to open any window in full screen?

How to open any window in full screen?: I manually have to press F11 to go in full screen mode after opening Apps, I wonder if there is a way to open any App in full screen mode without pressing F11 after opening it. Apps I mostly use are Skype, Firefox, PHPStorm, File Explorer.Thanks...
  6. search in full screen , is there a fix ?

in Cortana
    search in full screen , is there a fix ?: HiI have a problem with search window , it does open in full screen i have installed and updated several times ,this nasty issue is always presentwithout enabling the search icon in the taskbar ,when i open the search with win+s the window is full screen , windows 10 is...
  7. search window in full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    search window in full screen: hi had somebody notice a search window in full screen ? if i boot w10 and i click win + s i get a search in full screen is there a fix? i tried sfc dism nothing fixed 183837
  8. How to make all windows open maximized or full-screen always in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make all windows open maximized or full-screen always in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most of the time, when a user launches an application, they make it full screen. When in full screen, users get the maximum benefit and work area when required. Instead of doing it manually every time, you can choose to launch some of them as full-screen applications....
  9. Windows only open as full screen.

Windows only open as full screen.: After an update a few months ago, I have had trouble reaching my desktop screen. Previously I was able to see my desktop, have multiple windows open, move them around and layer them on top of each other how I see fit. Now when I dont have any windows open, I see multiple apps...
  10. Settings panel always opens full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings panel always opens full screen: I posted this several months ago, on another forum section, but no (useful) responses. Starting around 1903 (plus or minus) the Settings panel started opening full screen. I can resize it back to the size it used to be (and what it is on my dual boot with the Insider...