Windows 10: Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

Discus and support Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KingGaming, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing happens. I later discovered that the folder search in File Explorer has also stopped working in the same vein as the taskbar one. Cortona still works fine curses. I have consulted a number of people and have done a ton of research to not much success. Most everything points to, "Yes, this is working". I have narrowed my problem down to the fact that SearchApp.exe Previously known as SearchUI.exe isn't running. When I try to run it, it only pops up briefly in task manager before going away again. I really don't know what to do at this point because everything online is just about how to DISABLE SearchApp.exe, not start it. If someone can help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

KingGaming, Sep 5, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer search tool not working

I have tried all the above steps but I am unable to find and search a file with email address as search key.

Please help.

Regards

Dr. Saleem Siddiqi

Dr Saleem Siddiqi, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

1. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working. - Similar Threads - Search File Explorer

2. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Cortana
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  3. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  4. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  6. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  7. search & file explorer search not working

8. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search & file explorer search not working: Hi,I recently built a new PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro.When setting up my preferences, I turned off Cortana in regedit and in gpedit because I dislike the feature. After this, my search functions in my Windows aswell as in my file explorer stopped working...
  9. Windows search & file explorer search not working

Windows search & file explorer search not working: Hi,I recently built a new PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro.When setting up my preferences, I turned off Cortana in regedit and in gpedit because I dislike the feature. After this, my search functions in my Windows aswell as in my file explorer stopped working...
  10. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing