Windows 10: Windows Search and Indexing

Discus and support Windows Search and Indexing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonRubinstein, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows Search and Indexing

When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a digital library of PDF books and articles. When I do a search, only the first thousand or so files in alphabetical order appear in the search. How do I force the indexing options to index ALL the files?

:)

DonRubinstein, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Search and Indexing

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search and Indexing

1. Windows Search and Indexing - Similar Threads - Search Indexing

2. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  3. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  4. Indexing and search causing Windows to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing and search causing Windows to crash: Has anyone else been experiencing Indexing and Search issues on Windows 10 lately?We have multiple devices where Indexing and search keeps freezing up the OS, reindexing doesn't help, updates doesn't help. The only thing that works is forcing a task kill against...
  5. Indexing and search causing Windows to crash

Indexing and search causing Windows to crash: Has anyone else been experiencing Indexing and Search issues on Windows 10 lately?We have multiple devices where Indexing and search keeps freezing up the OS, reindexing doesn't help, updates doesn't help. The only thing that works is forcing a task kill against...
  6. Indexing and search causing Windows to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer high CPU useage at all times

Windows 11 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer high CPU useage at all times: Ive been dealing with this for a long time now, and for most of the time ive delt with it, ive just disabled windows search, but im getting sick of it, and i need to see if we can get this fixed, Microsoft Search Indexer takes, at all times, 20~40% of my CPU, it never stops...
  8. Windows 11 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer high CPU useage at all times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer high CPU useage at all times: Ive been dealing with this for a long time now, and for most of the time ive delt with it, ive just disabled windows search, but im getting sick of it, and i need to see if we can get this fixed, Microsoft Search Indexer takes, at all times, 20~40% of my CPU, it never stops...
  9. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  10. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...