Windows 10: Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate

Discus and support Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Id like to set Windows 10 up so that the personal files of one account are not accessible from the other accounts (at least not without the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zaarin2003, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate

Hi,

Id like to set Windows 10 up so that the personal files of one account are not accessible from the other accounts (at least not without the passcode), either by navigating to the relevant folder in windows explorer (ie going to the relevant hard drive, the users folder etc) or by conducting a search in the search bar by the Windows button. Can anyone walk me though how to do this please?

thanks
    Z

version 1909

:)

zaarin2003, Jun 7, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate

How to keep both computers its own separate unique settings under the same account?

Hi,

I would like to inform you that, to keep both computers its own separate unique settings, I suggest you to turn off the sync settings option on the computer.

Please follow the steps provided below to turn off the sync settings.

• Open Settings and click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sync your settings on the left side.
    • Under Sync settings, turn off the slider and check if that helps to resolve the issue.
    Please let us know if the above information helps to turn off the sync settings. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate

1. Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate - Similar Threads - Search keeping Accounts

2. Separating accounts window 11pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separating accounts window 11pro?: How do I separate my work account from my personal account in windows 11 pro? Why am I seeing the same installed apps on both accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separating-accounts-window-11pro/6643c58a-0e24-4320-9989-0ae5c28216ee
  3. Separating accounts window 11pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separating accounts window 11pro?: How do I separate my work account from my personal account in windows 11 pro? Why am I seeing the same installed apps on both accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separating-accounts-window-11pro/6643c58a-0e24-4320-9989-0ae5c28216ee
  4. Keeping 2 Windows Profiles separate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping 2 Windows Profiles separate: I'm looking to create two separate Windows 10 profiles on my home computer. One for Work, and one for personal use. What I would like is to not have them share desktop icons. I don't want the distraction of something personal on my workspace, but I also don't want to see...
  5. Is Cortana And the search bar Separate now ?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana And the search bar Separate now ?: I have bought a new laptop and I noticed that the search bar and the "Talk To Cortana" are separate. I wanted the cortana search bar but unfortunately i didn't get it plzz help out...
  6. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  7. separating emails and accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    separating emails and accounts: I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems there's constant issues so far with this OS. Regardless, I am having a major issue that I need fixed. Upon setting up this...
  8. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  9. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  10. Many Separate Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Separate Accounts: I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not...