Windows 10: Windows search apps icon wasn't updated

Discus and support Windows search apps icon wasn't updated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I updated the icon of one app which I installed on the machine, but the shortcut icon wasn't chaged when I search it with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suhui86, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Suhui86 Win User

Windows search apps icon wasn't updated

Hello everyone,

I updated the icon of one app which I installed on the machine, but the shortcut icon wasn't chaged when I search it with windows search on Win 2016 system. Is there anybody know what's the reason? and how to fix it? Thanks.

:)

Suhui86, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 6, 2018
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Windows search apps icon wasn't updated

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows search apps icon wasn't updated

1. Windows search apps icon wasn't updated - Similar Threads - search apps icon

2. no search app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no search app icons: so i recently reinstalled windows and alot of stuff stopped working including the search iconsscreenshot:https://imgur.com/a/OwnTBdG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-app-icons/dc6d75bf-5a54-4eb0-8fa8-40d1914c73a9
  3. no search app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no search app icons: so i recently reinstalled windows and alot of stuff stopped working including the search iconsscreenshot:https://imgur.com/a/OwnTBdG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-app-icons/dc6d75bf-5a54-4eb0-8fa8-40d1914c73a9
  4. no search app icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search for apps, no icons, no options for apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps, no icons, no options for apps: When i search for an app in the windows search, it shows up the app, but theres no icon, and i dont have the options for it like i used to have like ,,Open file location,, or ,,Run as administrator,,. see the screenshot attached. Im running Windows 11 and i dont understand...
  6. Search for apps, no icons, no options for apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for apps, no icons, no options for apps: When i search for an app in the windows search, it shows up the app, but theres no icon, and i dont have the options for it like i used to have like ,,Open file location,, or ,,Run as administrator,,. see the screenshot attached. Im running Windows 11 and i dont understand...
  7. Not showing app icon correctly in windows search

in Cortana
    Not showing app icon correctly in windows search: I am using windows 10 on my PC. And it is also up to date. But the problem is, when I search a Microsoft app in the search bar, the app icon does not show. It is showing like an image icon.so, Pleze helps me to resolve this error....some of the images are bellow.... This...
  8. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  9. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  10. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....