Windows 10: Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working

Discus and support Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new computer and I've noticed all the drivers are from 2006 when I look into their properties. When I use the ""Search Automatically for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bill V_567, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working

Hi,

I have a new computer and I've noticed all the drivers are from 2006 when I look into their properties. When I use the ""Search Automatically for Drivers" option it always returns that the latest version is installed. I've updated my computer to the latest version of Windows so there shouldn't be an issue there. I have tried manually updating a few of the drivers Wifi, Bluetooth and they do update when I manually install them, so it seems to be an issue with the auto update feature. I'd rather not go through the process of manually updating all my drivers all the time, is there a way to fix the auto update feature?

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Bill V_567, Dec 28, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 28, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working

Automatic Updates

They are installed automatically if that is the way you have Automatic Updates set.

I have AU set as download them, but let me choose when to install.

Is that what you meant when you said they are installed automatically?

As to your question Lillebror, I searched for a way to start the Automatic Updates, but really wasn't successful.

OnePostWonder, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working

1. Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working - Similar Threads - Search Automatically Drivers

2. Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!: Will there be a way of switching off these Windows 10 Feature Updates permanently? They are far too large for everybody. I have tried to point this out to Microsoft so may times. I am on a metered internet connection, so don't get these updates! They just don't come...
  3. Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!: Will there be a way of switching off these Windows 10 Feature Updates permanently? They are far too large for everybody. I have tried to point this out to Microsoft so may times. I am on a metered internet connection, so don't get these updates! They just don't come...
  4. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  5. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  6. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...

On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...: I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the previous Windows installation (not sure if disk cleanup caused anything or has anything to do with this, just speculating and it's the only...
  8. Automatic driver updates

Automatic driver updates: Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage...
  9. Are Windows feature updates automatic?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are Windows feature updates automatic?: Well when my computer was first upgraded to Windows 10 on June 13, 2016, it happened in the earlier hours of the morning (8AM-9AM ish) without my consent. Later that year it kept trying to download the Anniversary Update without my consent and always got stuck on a loading...
  10. Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

Windows Update / automatic driver updates?: I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any problems until I read that Windows would now automatically install driver updates along with operating system updates. All...