Windows 10: Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

Discus and support Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget. in Cortana to solve the problem; https://ibb.co/KrgjYbv I've learned when I updated Windows to the 21H1 update, the current Windows Task bar has an option called the "News and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MSUSER95544, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

https://ibb.co/KrgjYbv I've learned when I updated Windows to the 21H1 update, the current Windows Task bar has an option called the "News and Interests" widget on the task bar. I've disabled it, but apparently my search bar is glitching due to disabling it. The only way to not have this glitch is by right clicking the task bar , go to the "News and Interests" setting and choose either "Show Icon and text" or "Show Icon only", and disable "open on hover". This temporarily resolves the issue but, I want the search bar be graphically functional after this update. So can a Windows developer

:)

MSUSER95544, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Terri-Lyn Win User

samsung omnia widget bar

I know it's a long time after the fact, but I got mine today and knew it could be done. Here's how:

Customizing widget bar icons
    • In the widget, tap Settings.
    • Select and de-select required widgets.
    • Tap Done.
    Got this from Bell's web site.

Enjoy !

Terri-Lyn, Jun 16, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

1. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget. - Similar Threads - Search Bar News

2. Windows Search and News and Interests not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search and News and Interests not working: Hello all,I'm not at all sure how this happened, but for some reason, Windows Search functionality is broken on my computer, as is News and Interests. I can't search for anything and if I click on or so much as hover over News and Interests, a box shows up and then...
  3. news and interest bar "No Account Connected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interest bar "No Account Connected": when I click on news and I see this message no connected accounts. I 've signed in with my Microsoft account but message still shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-bar-no-account-connected/384c90db-dfbe-41ab-85eb-b53ddc28ce90
  4. "News and interests" Weather widget not auto updating/refreshing

"News and interests" Weather widget not auto updating/refreshing: The weather widget shows the same temperature all day, unless manually refreshed. What's the point of it then? Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-weather-widget-not-auto/14013f06-0e28-4e91-ab84-4ff229c2ffa2
  5. Only one collumn news and interests widget

Only one collumn news and interests widget: Hey guys,I got the windows update with the new 'news and interests' widget. To my surprise, it is taking up a very large part of my screen with empty space. In other forums I read that the widget has a left and a right collumn. Mine however doesn't. Is this something I can...
  6. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  7. News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar

News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 and I do not have the "News and Interest" widget on the taskbar. I live in Mexico. I don't know if the region has anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10: Windows 10 users now have a News and Interests taskbar widget. The feature gives us quick access to an integrated feed of weather, news, sports, etc right on our taskbar. With just a quick hover on the icon, we can quickly peek into it without disturbing our work. In this...
  9. News and Interests not showing on task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News and Interests not showing on task bar: I have 3 Windows 10 PCs with the latest updates, only one of them got the News and Interests on the taskbar, they seem to be a the exact same version levels.What would cause this?...
  10. Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Edge Widget vs News & Interests: Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew[ATTACH]...