Windows 10: Windows Search bar and Settings

Discus and support Windows Search bar and Settings in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :)... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Zuri9, May 16, 2019.

1. Zuri9 Win User

Windows Search bar and Settings

Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me Windows Search bar and Settings :)

:)

Zuri9, May 16, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 16, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows Search bar and Settings

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search bar and Settings

1. Windows Search bar and Settings - Similar Threads - Search bar Settings

2. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  3. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....
  4. Windows Search Bar problem

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar problem: This started a few days ago, when I search for a file or an application it takes a long time, so far I've tried indexing but is doesn't work so nothing new, any help would be appreciated....
  5. unable to open settings from windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open settings from windows search bar: Problem: i'm unable to open the setting options from the search bar (while apps works fine) , as soon as i click on it nothing append, no error message, nothing at all, should be something realted to cortana or the name of the user which was changed. Version: windows 10...
  6. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows...
  7. Settings search not working and start bar not clicking setting options

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings search not working and start bar not clicking setting options: This is really getting on my nerves now, I have been trying to fix both issues for hours now and no avail. Lets start with the first issue, if I try to search in settings, it just says "search results aren't quite ready yet". As soon as I type anything in fact, it doesn't...
  8. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  9. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...
  10. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for settings entries in the normal search bar: I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app...