Windows 10: Windows Search bar and Settings

Discus and support Windows Search bar and Settings in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :)... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Zuri9, May 16, 2019.

1. Zuri9 Win User

Windows Search bar and Settings

Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me Windows Search bar and Settings :)

:)

Zuri9, May 16, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 16, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows Search bar and Settings

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search bar and Settings

1. Windows Search bar and Settings - Similar Threads - Search bar Settings

2. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  3. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  4. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  5. Search bar settings

Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  6. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  7. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  8. Search bar & Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  9. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  10. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for settings entries in the normal search bar: I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app...