Windows 10: Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

Discus and support Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to restart my laptop it keeps glitching up like it’s being stuck upwards submitted by /u/JF9145600_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JF9145600_, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

When I try to restart my laptop it keeps glitching up like it’s being stuck upwards

submitted by /u/JF9145600_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JF9145600_, Aug 14, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

1. Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things - Similar Threads - search bar side

2. How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing: I use google as my browser, as I have been using it for a long time and feels normal. how do I make it so that the search boxpicture below opens the search in google chrome, or a different appI don't just mean change the default browser of edgeI am on windows 11...
  3. How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing: I use google as my browser, as I have been using it for a long time and feels normal. how do I make it so that the search boxpicture below opens the search in google chrome, or a different appI don't just mean change the default browser of edgeI am on windows 11...
  4. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  5. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  6. Search bar has different text for different computers.

in Cortana
    Search bar has different text for different computers.: This is not really an issue, but I was wondering why my search bar just says "Search" when my other computers say: "Type here to search".Both computers are running Windows 10 Home on the Latest Update 20H2....
  7. Side Bar Search

in Cortana
    Side Bar Search: There is Side Bar Edge in Edge which is terrific to have & use. I sometimes wonder if everyone is aware that the same function exists within MS365 Outlook. Can highlight text or whatever in an E-mail & have a search result panel materialize on the right side within your...
  8. Strange thing on the cortana search bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange thing on the cortana search bar: I don't know why when i wanted to search an app in the search bar, the icons and text don't align normally. And I don't know what to do to fix it! Here's the pic: [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"
  10. Bars on side of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...