Windows 10: Windows search bar blacked out

Discus and support Windows search bar blacked out in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, My windows search bar is not working and only shows a black screen.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ITChelle, Feb 5, 2020.

1. ITChelle Win User

Windows search bar blacked out

Hello,

My windows search bar is not working and only shows a black screen.

:)

ITChelle, Feb 5, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 5, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 5, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows search bar blacked out - Similar Threads - search bar blacked

2. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scroll bar in the search pop out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll bar in the search pop out: Recents section overflowing Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Maybe both? (Least petty Windows user ever) submitted by /u/Business-Position [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wo7a2k/scroll_bar_in_the_search_pop_out/
  6. Windows Search blacked out!!

in Cortana
    Windows Search blacked out!!: I use 3 finger gesture for windows search, As soon as i search any thing it gets blacked out.... [ATTACH] In this it detects the pdf Reader but doesn't show the app So , when i click on the white bar at the top I can see the full window like [ATTACH] clicking on the...
  7. Search bar gone black

in Cortana
    Search bar gone black: My search bar has gone black! When I click on it and start to type a visible drop down appears showing that I am actually typing something but you cannot see anything in the search bar....
  8. Black Search Bar

Black Search Bar: So basically, I want a black search bar in Windows 10 2004 nothing else just my search bar is there any way to change it to black without changing the other applications? submitted by /u/Nukkusu [link] [comments]...
  9. black search bar

black search bar: [ATTACH] how to get rid this black search bar thing in my laptop it annoys me always, I deleted chromium but it's still there, but I still doubt that its from chromium or not, pls help......
  10. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search button is blacked out

2. PC search blacked out

3. search bar blacked out

4. search is blacked out on windows toolbar,
  5. windows search bar black,
  6. search button in windows is blacked out