Windows 10: Windows search bar blurry

Discus and support Windows search bar blurry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click the search bar on the taskbar, the window that pops up is oddly blurry. No other apps are blurry and I have a 60Hz monitor. I did recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Punchag_Turtle, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Windows search bar blurry

When I click the search bar on the taskbar, the window that pops up is oddly blurry. No other apps are blurry and I have a 60Hz monitor. I did recently fiddle around a little bit with the zoom to fix blurriness on my second monitor, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it

:)

Punchag_Turtle, Apr 9, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 9, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 9, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Windows search bar blurry

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar blurry

1. Windows search bar blurry - Similar Threads - search bar blurry

2. Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered: As soon as I type anything into the windows start menu search-bar, the menu goes blurry see screenshot. It is fine when i press the windows button, but as soon as i start syping it blurs. Notice the difference in sharpness between the actual search bar and the menu underneath...
  3. Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered: As soon as I type anything into the windows start menu search-bar, the menu goes blurry see screenshot. It is fine when i press the windows button, but as soon as i start syping it blurs. Notice the difference in sharpness between the actual search bar and the menu underneath...
  4. Blurry text in programs and search bar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in programs and search bar on Windows 11: Hello everyone,I have a problem. My search bar is verry blurry. As you see in the image above, the recent searched items are very blurry. Its like it is not the right resolution or something.I have the same problem with programs, like XAMPP or the Battle.NET launcher....
  5. Blurry text in programs and search bar on Windows 11

Blurry text in programs and search bar on Windows 11: Hello everyone,I have a problem. My search bar is verry blurry. As you see in the image above, the recent searched items are very blurry. Its like it is not the right resolution or something.I have the same problem with programs, like XAMPP or the Battle.NET launcher....
  6. Search box blurry icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  7. Search box blurry icons

Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  8. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Bar: I am really new to windows, I just got a pc recently, when I noticed that my search bar is not allowing me to type on it. No matter how many times I click on it, nothing happens. Can someone please help? submitted by /u/ClubPenguinRUs [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I have encountered a problem after trying to search using the windows search bar. Whenever I search something, it displays a internet result of FRIV, see the example below. [ATTACH] something like this pop ups. Is this some kind of Virus or something? How can I...
  10. Blurry Icons In Windows Search. So, I am getting this blurry task manager icon in search,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Icons In Windows Search. So, I am getting this blurry task manager icon in search,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fettqv/blurry_icons_in_windows_search_so_i_am_getting/