Windows 10: Windows Search bar bug/glitch

Discus and support Windows Search bar bug/glitch in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Bart Jan2459, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it but i made a video of it. Here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt-tHQ6ROM

If you know how i need to fix this, please leave it down it the comments of this question.

Thanks!

:)

Bart Jan2459, Jan 11, 2020

2. Task bar Notification Glitch/Bug

Hi,

Software or programs that was installed on your computer can cause the glitch or bugs to show up. There's also a possibility that the system files on your computer got corrupted or went missing. However, we don;t want to jump into any conclusions until we
    isolated your concern. We suggest that you perform a clean boot on your computer and see if the issue persists. The steps on how to perform clean boot is in this
    article. Simply click on the operating system that you're running on your computer to see the right steps.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 11, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search bar bug/glitch

1. Windows Search bar bug/glitch - Similar Threads - Search bar bug

2. Search Bar Glitch

in Cortana
    Search Bar Glitch: After updating to latest version search bar color sometimes changes and looks like this and when I hover the mouse cursor over it, It becomes normal.. It's really bothering me.. please give some solution.. Thanks Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed...
  3. search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar glitching: I've been experiencing search bar glitching for a long time. i don't know how to explain it briefly so I'll paste a picture. please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-glitching/3645429e-28bb-4a9b-9889-6160479cd55e
  4. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  5. Search Bar Bug

Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  6. Search Bar Bugged

Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  7. Search bar showing a glitch.

in Cortana
    Search bar showing a glitch.: I've been seeing this problem from about a week or so, it's been only 3 months I've purchased this PC. Please help, the details of my PC are :Edition - Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion - 21H1OS build - 19043.1023 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Windows search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar glitching: I have a problem on my pc,the search bar isn’t working when i turn on my pc,i should write something in RUN to activate it,but when pc restarts it automatically stops working,i should do that thing everytime,is there any solution? submitted by /u/Ron-Fetahu [link]...
  9. windows search bar bug

in Cortana
    windows search bar bug: I updates the windows after freshly dowloading windows and also updates the apps to new versions as well but some how my windows search bar shows the old version of app and my start menu shows the new version please help me with this...
  10. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search bar bug

2. windows search bar glitched