Windows 10: Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

Discus and support Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a while now and it is really annoying. I can't use my search bar at all. No matter what I try it will not fix. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Son_of_Nerds, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

I have been having this problem for a while now and it is really annoying. I can't use my search bar at all. No matter what I try it will not fix. I'm already up to date with the current version of windows. Is there anything that can help me fix my problem?

submitted by /u/Son_of_Nerds
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Son_of_Nerds, Jul 9, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 9, 2020
  4. robnelli Win User

Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

Your suggestion unfortunately did not resolve the problem. I still cannot type anything in the "Search the web and Windows" box in the task bar. Additionally Cortana still will not run. When I hit the Windows Key and the S key, I can see Cortana start up from within the Task Manager but it immediately closes (exits).

robnelli, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

1. Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything - Similar Threads - search bar crashes

2. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  3. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  4. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
  5. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  6. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  7. SEARCH closes before can type anything

in Cortana
    SEARCH closes before can type anything: I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to type it shuts down. I brought a new laptop because the other perfectly good one would not update drivers for USB,printer...
  8. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/
  9. Search bar dissapears after i type anything in it

in Cortana
    Search bar dissapears after i type anything in it: The search bar automatically closes when I try to type any thing in it. At first anything I type cant be seen but after 5 seconds it dissappears...
  10. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...