Windows 10: Windows Search Bar Crashing

Discus and support Windows Search Bar Crashing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This problem happened suddenly. I can't search on my search bar, but I can scroll and find some apps. Everytime I type something in the search bar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeeSo25, Mar 6, 2022.

1. LeeSo25 Win User

Windows Search Bar Crashing

This problem happened suddenly. I can't search on my search bar, but I can scroll and find some apps. Everytime I type something in the search bar it will crash. Please send help.

:)

LeeSo25, Mar 6, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 6, 2022
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 6, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Search Bar Crashing - Similar Threads - Search Bar Crashing

2. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar crash: Hi everyonesearch application on windows 10problem date StatusStopped working 2023 Report sentDetalesProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.10.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name: praid:CortanaUIand the error continue...
  3. Windows Search bar crashing.

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar crashing.: Event Viewer logs --> Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0xb8ff82caFaulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0xeafbae2fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000000b6a13Faulting...
  4. Windows Search bar crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar crashing.: Event Viewer logs --> Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0xb8ff82caFaulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0xeafbae2fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000000b6a13Faulting...
  5. Windows Search bar crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. search bar is crashing

search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  7. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  8. Windows Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar Crashing: This problem happened suddenly. I can't search on my search bar, but I can scroll and find some apps. Everytime I type something in the search bar it will crash. Please send help....
  9. Windows Search Bar Crashing

Windows Search Bar Crashing: This problem happened suddenly. I can't search on my search bar, but I can scroll and find some apps. Everytime I type something in the search bar it will crash. Please send help....
  10. search bar crashes

in Cortana
    search bar crashes: Whenever I open search bar it crashes. Even unable to search any program in start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashes/968dcbbf-9215-433b-8271-8b968bc736ff