Windows 10: Windows search bar doesn't work

Discus and support Windows search bar doesn't work in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, After installing update on 5th february 2020 my windows search box. I have done everything to solve this including 1many restarts in a row,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by alicealice4, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows search bar doesn't work

Hi, After installing update on 5th february 2020 my windows search box. I have done everything to solve this including

1many restarts in a row,

2Ending task id searchUI.exe,

3Rebuilding index,

4Powershell Commands,

5Restarting windows search service from services.msc

6Uninstalling those buggy updates

7Restored system to a previous restore point.

But the problem isn't solved yet. I am sooo disappointed.plz someone help me fix it.

:)

alicealice4, Feb 10, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows search bar doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Shoaib Win User
    Windows-10 update KB4058043: Search bar doesn't work after update

After the most recent Store reliability update (KB4058043), I have the exact same problems as described in a year-old update issue:

Windows 10 Anniversary update: Search bar doesn't work after update

In addition to the start menu, entering search text in the "Windows Settings" dialog's search-box also freezes it.

I've tried all solutions provided therein, but none has worked so far. So far I've tried solutions based on

• DCIM tool
    • A PowerShell script
    • Tweaking.com's repair tool

How do I fix it?

Shoaib, Feb 10, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows search bar doesn't work

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows search bar doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar doesn't work

1. Windows search bar doesn't work - Similar Threads - search bar doesn't

2. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  3. Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work: I’ve been unable to use the search bar on the calendar on my Windows 10 desktop (I don’t have issues with the search bar on my Android though). The search bar is there, but it always says that it can’t find any events or reminders, even though I see the event right there when...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.: When I go to use the windows search bar it closes either automatically or when I type. I have tried a number of fixes but nothing seems to work. It seemed to start happening after I modified my taskbar and I also installed a translucent taskbar application....
  5. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  6. Search bar doesn't work in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't work in Windows 10: Hello, Search bar search bar located on the left-hand side of taskbar doesn't work in Windows 10. I ran chkdsk, DISM and Search and Indexing in troubleshooting but my problem still exists. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 search bar doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar doesn't work: The Search Bar in Windows 10 doesn't working. When I click to search, nothing happens and i can't type a single word. I tried to fix with troubleshoot and nothing... and i tried also with cmd with administrator commandes...
  8. Windows 10 search bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar doesn't work: I temporarily changed paging file size from system managed size to custom and since then Windows search bar doesn't show any results when I input text. I set it back to system managed, but the problem persists. I tried the commonly suggested solutions like rebuilding...
  9. Search bar in taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in taskbar doesn't work: I have the "Search the web and Windows" bar in my taskbar but I can't type anything into it. If I go to "File Explorer" in the start panel, I can search for files. This worked in the past and I don't know what might have happened to make it stop working. I'm still...
  10. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. commandes cortana