Windows 10: Windows Search bar is messed up

Discus and support Windows Search bar is messed up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abcdOG, Jan 8, 2023.

1. abcdOG Win User

Windows Search bar is messed up

--> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i type something.

:)

abcdOG, Jan 8, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 8, 2023
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 8, 2023
  4. Windows Search bar is messed up

How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows Search bar is messed up

1. Windows Search bar is messed up - Similar Threads - Search bar messed

2. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  3. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  4. Messed up task bar

Messed up task bar: Okay so I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop, I will try to click anything on my task bar and it doesn’t work after a couple click my entire pc goes black for a couple seconds I can’t even shut it down. My task bar is kind of frozen idk what to do to unfreeze it. I can’t...
  5. Search bar acting up

in Cortana
    Search bar acting up: My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?...
  6. Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor is Messed Up!

in Cortana
    Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor is Messed Up!: After I updated my windows a few days ago, I found that The Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor seems opposite and also looks so bad, Can anyone Resolve this issue, I have tried a many solution like troubleshooting, Restarting my PC etc. But it didn't helped me out, this...
  7. Task Bar Glitching or Messed up?

Task Bar Glitching or Messed up?: So basically i just got on my computer today and my task bar has invisible applications that i cant open, i cant type in the windows search bar, and i cant click the windows icon in the left bottom corner i cant still right click but i cant right or left click the invisible...
  8. Task Bar Messed Up

Task Bar Messed Up: Taskbar is the size of half the screen and cant seem to find a fix, any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-messed-up/ebecbd16-99ea-4f43-a6cf-7ef314dc82a1
  9. Task Bar Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar Messed Up.: [img] Hello Everybody, How can I get rid of these extraneous icons? (Outlined in green). I don't know how they got there. Don Cole 142986
  10. Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search: Windows 10 18362.295 just got auto updated onto my workstation. Now, onedrive doesn't sync, I can't type anything into edge, and I can't type anything into the start search menu. What should I do?...