Windows 10: Windows search bar isnt working

Discus and support Windows search bar isnt working in Cortana to solve the problem; Ok so i had this issue sincethe recent updates... the thing is that doesnt matter what i do but i cant search my applications... its like this: click... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OndřejŠtýs, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Windows search bar isnt working

Ok so i had this issue sincethe recent updates... the thing is that doesnt matter what i do but i cant search my applications...

its like this: click the bar it comes up all good, but the second that the ui shows upall, explorer, application etc. the bar crashes/goes away. Futhermore when i go to my second account the administrator everything works just great...

i have no idea whats gooing on, but i tried:

1. sfc /scannow

2.troubleshooter

3.DISM

4.reinstalling using powershel ´with elevated priviliges

5.deleting the cortana entry in system apps

6.safe mode

7.update failed

8.deleting cortana entry from appdata + copying files to that directory through admin account

9.microsoft shell program for reseting menu

10.reinstalling shells

please help...

:)

OndřejŠtýs, Sep 5, 2020

2. The cortana search bar isnt working properly

The cortana search bar isnt working properly

PatrickLingard, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 5, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows search bar isnt working

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar isnt working

1. Windows search bar isnt working - Similar Threads - search bar isnt

2. Windows Search Bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar is not working: Hello everyone. So I have this kind of problem where every time I tried to click search icon, the windows search bar will appears for seconds and it will terminated immediately itself. The weird thing is, I have two other users in this laptop and both of them do not have any...
  3. Search Bar isnt working, even with Xbox Game Bar

in Cortana
    Search Bar isnt working, even with Xbox Game Bar: Hello,I've been trying to search some apps on settings one day and the search bar wouldn't work, So I tried the search bar near the Windows logo and that didn't work either.I've tried 3 things: Restarting explorer.exe, Restarting Search.exe and Restarting my pcThose 3 things...
  4. My search bar isnt working can someone help me plss.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My search bar isnt working can someone help me plss.: When i search something nothing shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-isnt-working-can-someone-help-me/550d62ef-3022-4d1c-98fc-77ab8bcf3d28
  5. Windows Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Bar Not Working: Whenever I try to search on search bar, it crashes and doesn't launching the search bar after all, please help me submitted by /u/MohShameem12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9078p/windows_search_bar_not_working/
  6. Windows Search Bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Search Bar not working: Hellow, I am Ashraful Alam from Bangladesh. I have using Windows Update Version. But I have a problme: Windows Search Bar Here write "Type here to search" not typing & searching. Plz , Help me. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search Bar Not Working: Good afternoon team I just bought a Lenovo laptop installed in Windows 10, Version1903, fairly Used. I am having an issue with a "window search". Is not working. If you type on it and click it to search, it will be rolling without result. I shall be grateful if I could...
  8. Taskbar search isnt working.

in Cortana
    Taskbar search isnt working.: Just updated to the 1909 version of windows 10 and the searchbar doesnt work. All other searchers work fine except this one. Have tried restarting it, have got all my updates installed, verified my files so theyre not corrupted....
  9. The cortana search bar isnt working properly

in Cortana
    The cortana search bar isnt working properly: The cortana search bar isnt working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-cortana-search-bar-isnt-working-properly/7916648e-ea42-4403-95fe-fbde5cf88b39"
  10. Search button isnt working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search button isnt working: So i upgraded to W10 on my laptop (MSI GT-60), and ran into several problems, most annoying are these two: 1. search button next to start isnt working and nothing is helping, i tried to restart Windows Search in services, but that didnt help, the only solution is to create a...