Windows 10: Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed

Discus and support Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On 12/09/2020 and 12/10/2020 3 windows updates were installed that caused the Windows search bar on the bottom task bar not to work. Selecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wm Pat Murphy, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed

On 12/09/2020 and 12/10/2020 3 windows updates were installed that caused the Windows search bar on the bottom task bar not to work. Selecting the search window briefly opens the search window and then it closes. I preformed several repair fixes for this error, but none of them worked.

Uninstalling 3 recent windows updates seemed to repair the problem. The Windows Search bar works correctly now.

I HAVE PAUSED THE AUTOMATIC WINDOWS UPDATES UNTIL 01/13/2021, BUT I AM ASKING IF THIS PROBLEM WILL RETURN ONCE THE WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATES RESUME?? ALSO IS THERE A WAY I CAN FIND THE LIST OF FIXES INCLUDED IN THE WINDOWS UPDATE FILES??? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF THIS PROBLEM IS LISTED IN THE FIXES FOR A SPECIFIC INDOWS UPDATE?

Thank You for your time answering my question,

Pat Murphy

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Wm Pat Murphy, Dec 11, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 11, 2020
  4. erpguy53 Win User

Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

need KB4048970 if using Vista - that's the latest win32k.sys patch. while it's listed for Windows Server 2008 only, it should also install & work under Vista SP2 as I've tested myself on an old Vista machine.

for Win7 SP1, KB3172605 or better to speed up Windows Update searches as noted here:
    Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

erpguy53, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed

1. Windows search bar not working after Windows Update installed - Similar Threads - search bar working

2. windows 10 search bar not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 search bar not working after windows update: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Languagethe search bar, calendar, calculator, microphone, and etc cannot work properly after the windows update.In windows settings -> privacy, then I click on the "microphone" on left bar, the "windows settings" suddenly closes.Same error...
  3. windows 10 search bar not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 search bar not working after windows update: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Languagethe search bar, calendar, calculator, microphone, and etc cannot work properly after the windows update.In windows settings -> privacy, then I click on the "microphone" on left bar, the "windows settings" suddenly closes.Same error...
  4. windows 10 search bar not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update: After updating to version 22H2, the start menu search bar began to not work anymore. Clicking the search button on the taskbar, typing in the start menu or win+s don't do anything; however, explorer search works fine.The only fix I found is restarting the pc, but shutting it...
  6. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update: After updating to version 22H2, the start menu search bar began to not work anymore. Clicking the search button on the taskbar, typing in the start menu or win+s don't do anything; however, explorer search works fine.The only fix I found is restarting the pc, but shutting it...
  7. Search bar not working - Windows update

Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  8. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Cortana
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  9. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update: Today i just updated my win10 to ver 2004 with the new search bar but turns oit it was a disaster I tried to search a file and it result nothing just "The folder is empty" while is not, i try to manually search file and it's still there but the search bar can find it. I...