Windows 10: Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello,As the title says, my Windows Search Bar isn't working. When I clicked on the magnifying glass icon, the usual search window pops up. But instead... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by boneless_sushi, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10

Hello,As the title says, my Windows Search Bar isn't working. When I clicked on the magnifying glass icon, the usual search window pops up. But instead of showing my frequent apps like usual, it shows nothing and there are dots running at the top of the window as if it's searching after I typed on the bar even though it's empty. I tried searching calculator and it still didn't show anything at all, even after 5+ minutes while it usually pops right up when I typed it in.I already tried restarting my explorer and made sure that Windows Search is running.My Windows specs is:Edition Windows 10 Hom

:)

boneless_sushi, Apr 28, 2023

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 28, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2023
  4. EarthDog Win User

Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10

1. Windows Search Bar not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Search Bar working

2. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not working: I tried to open multiple time and it keeps crashing Iv tried many method but not being able to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/dd6f98da-0a95-4dfa-9658-e06ddb805bff
  3. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  4. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  5. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar not working: I have searched the internet for some possible fixes, but none have worked, my search window doesn't even appear. When I click the search bar, it does nothing, the text cursor does not appear, the search window does not appear, and it does not allow me to type. Can anyone...
  6. The Windows 10 search bar is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 10 search bar is not working.: Hi, When I use the Windows search bar, it closes automatically or when I type. I have tried various fixes, but nothing seems to work. This started to happen after I modified my taskbar and also installed a translucent taskbar app....
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar not working: I have had a look online for some possible fixes but none have worked... Some PowerShell fixes just end up throwing MANY errors. Others just did nothing. Unlike most other cases my search window won't even come up. When I click on the search bar it does nothing. It...
  8. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Whenever I press the search bar it either pops up as a grey screen for a second and crashes, or just disappears. This has been going on for the past day, I’ve tried restarting but it hasn’t worked. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link]...
  9. Search bar not working on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not working on Windows 10: Today the 5th of February, I noticed that when I click on the "Type here to search" bar, it opens but nothing shows-up. It's just a grey box. I've tried shutting-down my laptop and starting it up again to see if that would work, but it hasn't. Has anyone else encountered...
  10. Search bar not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello, since this morning the Windows 10 search bar is not working. When I am trying to search for something, its just empty. I've tried many things on the Internet but cannot find anything. Maybe you guys have a solution to my problem ? Thank you....