Windows 10: windows search bar problem

Discus and support windows search bar problem in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 20h2 but my search bar shows old icons of applications and did not show screenshot search , weather, news and others... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kavishakrishanya, Jan 29, 2021.

1. windows search bar problem

I recently installed windows 10 20h2 but my search bar shows old icons of applications and did not show screenshot search , weather, news and others in search bar. how can I fix this

:)

kavishakrishanya, Jan 29, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 29, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 29, 2021
  4. windows search bar problem

Search Windows Problems

Hi Stevens,

As you are facing issues with Windows Search bar, we will help you in resolving it.

Do let us know the version of Windows 10 installed on your device?

Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
    winver
    , and press Enter to know the Windows version installed.

Step 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

windows search bar problem

1. windows search bar problem - Similar Threads - search bar problem

2. Search bar problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar problem: I have a Lenovo laptop in the bottom bar next to the Windows icon the search bar search bar, but I can't use it. when I write something, there is no reaction. How could I solve this problem?...
  3. Search bar problem

in Cortana
    Search bar problem: I have a Lenovo laptop in the bottom bar next to the Windows icon the search bar search bar, but I can't use it. when I write something, there is no reaction. How could I solve this problem?...
  4. Search bar problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem with windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows search bar.: I am using windows 10 of version 1511.I have an problem with my windows search bar sir,if i try to type any thing to search in it it is just getting exited from it and not showing any thing.And also the abbrevation on the search bar has to be 'Type to search here' but for me...
  6. search bar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar problem: This morning i started the pc i found that search is not working, when i click on it it doesn't open anything. I also found that in file explorer search option also not working. My laptop is ideapad 320 windows 10...
  7. Search bar problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar problem: I have a problem with the search bar. It started a few days ago and it's still here and it's annoying. I cannot search for anything at all. Whenever I click on it, it starts up like normal waiting for me to type, but a few seconds later it closes out. When I go to click on it...
  8. Window Search Bar Problem

in Cortana
    Window Search Bar Problem: When i press the window search i can search in like 0-2 seconds and then the screen goes black and then the search bar disappeared. I try again and again and i can only type 1 word or 0 words before it disappeared....
  9. Windows search bar problem!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar problem!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OGSirRR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezxeoe/windows_search_bar_problem/
  10. Windows Search Bar problem

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar problem: This started a few days ago, when I search for a file or an application it takes a long time, so far I've tried indexing but is doesn't work so nothing new, any help would be appreciated....