Windows 10: Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

Discus and support Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution in Cortana to solve the problem; I have attempted to fix my windows search bar from crashing. I have used every solution I could find from running scripts to reinstalling it to going... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kevin Ma1, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Kevin Ma1 Win User

Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

I have attempted to fix my windows search bar from crashing. I have used every solution I could find from running scripts to reinstalling it to going into my regedit. It fixed itself when I restarted windows but it quickly came back.Help. I miss searching things up.

:)

Kevin Ma1, Jul 17, 2022

2. Windows 10 Search Stops Working

I am also having difficulties with the "search the web and Windows" bar next to the windows start button, your solution here "
    I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed." WILL NOT WORK as when I type in that search bar all I get is an empty white box.

KatNashRamblerkat, Jul 17, 2022
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 17, 2022
  4. Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

1. Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution - Similar Threads - Search Bar still

2. Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution: I have attempted to fix my windows search bar from crashing. I have used every solution I could find from running scripts to reinstalling it to going into my regedit. It fixed itself when I restarted windows but it quickly came back.Help. I miss searching things up....
  3. Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution: I have attempted to fix my windows search bar from crashing. I have used every solution I could find from running scripts to reinstalling it to going into my regedit. It fixed itself when I restarted windows but it quickly came back.Help. I miss searching things up....
  4. Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.: Laptop + PC time wrongIm pretty tilted but i dont know how to resolve this problem.Im in Canada, my time zone is correct. The time is 7:40, pc says its 4:40. I have changed date time settings, windows key+ r services, looked through bios, enabled auto sync, turned service on...
  5. Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.: So I was visiting another town for a year for school, and I had my gaming laptop I had just got new headphones and they worked great. When I got back home to my PC though my headphones wouldn't work. Me and my father spent almost 3 hour trying to fix this issue. My drivers...
  6. Sound not working after system restore, tried every solution but no fix. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound not working after system restore, tried every solution but no fix. Help?: Skip to the ~~~~~ if you don't care about how I got here and just want to see what I've already tried. I have an MSI GE72 that is almost exactly 5 years old. At first I was just trying to make my fans run slower/quieter (I suspect the bearings have run out and become noisy...
  7. Cortana and search will not work. I tried all the solutions.

in Cortana
    Cortana and search will not work. I tried all the solutions.: I tried many things to restore it, for example all the power-shell options, rebuilding it, everything in Task manager, troubleshoot, etc etc. I even factory reset my laptop,it will not work. When i press search or cortana, it appears briefly in the task manager, but it will...
  8. My search bar on Windows 10 is still not working?

in Cortana
    My search bar on Windows 10 is still not working?: I have attempted many suggested fixes with no luck. I see where 'most' have been restored yet mine has not. My computer is only a month old. I upgraded from a Windows 7 operating system that I had for 10 years on my old computer. Can this be fixed???...
  9. My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working

in Cortana
    My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working: I understand there was a Microsoft problem on Feb. 5, 2020 regarding the Windows 10 search bar appearing as a black screen. Well, my system has been powered off and it is still a black screen. Why isn't Microsoft addressing this?...
  10. Windows 10 search bar error solution

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar error solution: Dear Users, Recently the search bar error occurred to many users and even Microsoft didn't able to provide solution. Even Microsoft own "Fix problems in Windows Search" article isn't working for some users. But this video worked for me. https://youtu.be/jFna6BaZRUc Just...