Windows 10: Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears

Discus and support Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears in Cortana to solve the problem; When I search, the start menu stays blank. I closed all other programs and tried killing explorer.exe. Sometimes the search bar disappears. I tried as... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ZacharyAlan, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears

When I search, the start menu stays blank. I closed all other programs and tried killing explorer.exe. Sometimes the search bar disappears. I tried as many fixes as I could from Google, but none of them worked. I didn't do anything significant to the computer since then.

:)

ZacharyAlan, Apr 24, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears

Icons not displaying in search bar and apps wont load from search bar

Some of my apps are not showing their icons in the search bar also some apps wont open from the search bar, i cant seem to figure out if this is all the same problem or two different problems i would really like my apps to open from the search bar

BraydenMcDougall, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears

1. Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears - Similar Threads - search bar wont

2. Search bar goes white sometimes

in Cortana
    Search bar goes white sometimes: Hi,Sometimes I see that my search bar has gone a little white, not all of it though.This happens when I have something on fullscreen and make it windowed, or it randomly happens out of nowhereThe image of the problem I'm issuing is below this question.Can anyone help me fix...
  3. The Search Bar wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Search Bar wont open: My search bar wont open and every time I click on the little icon the SearchApp open on the TaskManager for like 3 seconds and then closes. Help pls I've done the Troubleshoot and many other things and nothing. submitted by /u/xdRyu [link] [comments]...
  4. Search bar wont work

Search bar wont work: Whenever I try to search it just disappears. Been happening for the last 2 boots and I just recently installed a new PSU, which I don't think is related. I've tried restarting windows explorer to no avail. submitted by /u/Jackie245clash [link] [comments]...
  5. Search bar flickers/disappears

Search bar flickers/disappears: I’m on 1909, up to date with windows updates. Occasionally when I click the search bar in task bar, it’ll flicker, freeze, turn black, then pop back up 30 seconds later. Event viewer is showing that Searchui.exe crashed and the faulting module is dcomp.dll. It’s not system...
  6. Search bar SOMETIMES not working

Search bar SOMETIMES not working: Hi, I'm getting really frustrated about my windows menu search bar. Sometimes it'll show everything about a file, content inside if it's text, names, all and other times it cannot get any documents whatsoever. I tried repairing index, restarting Cortana. Turn it off, restart...
  7. Search Bar Disappears Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Bar Disappears Windows 10: Hello, Recently whenever I try to use search in windows 10 search bar disappears to look like task bar and I can't use it. you can see the problem in the image below. [ATTACH] Thanks in advance...
  8. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...
  9. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes: Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not. The same for Cortana's microphone icon. So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so annoying. I don't know what happens. Thanks ): 25013
  10. Startup search bar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup search bar disappeared: I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back. 12794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. type here to search bar disappears sometimes