Windows 10: Windows Search Bar

Discus and support Windows Search Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max_066, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Max_066 Win User

Windows Search Bar

Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows will open up the program that best matches what was typed, and if not, have nothing happen, and if that is not possible, at least have it use Chrome to search the web. Thank you.

:)

Max_066, Jul 7, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 7, 2018
  4. fussybob Win User

Windows Search Bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Search Bar

1. Windows Search Bar - Similar Threads - Search Bar

2. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar & Windows + x does not open anything

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar & Windows + x does not open anything: Out of the blue, I am unable to type in the search box. I saw in a previous thread someone was told to press windows+x to open window and to type something but when I try, nothing happens....
  3. Taskbar and Explorer search bars do not work

in Cortana
    Taskbar and Explorer search bars do not work: The search bar on my taskbar and the search bar in explorer do not work, clicking on them does nothing. Also the windows start button and all of the icons on the start menu work perfectly fine it's literally just the search bar that does not work. I've looked through some...
  4. Windows Search bar web results not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar web results not working: I have been using the Windows Search bar's web results. But, for a few months, it isn't working. I have two Microsoft accounts in my PC, in the other, the search works like a charm, fetching web results. I haven't done any registry tweaks, why would I? I love the web...
  5. How do i make the PowerTools run search bar have a transparent look similar to MacOS'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i make the PowerTools run search bar have a transparent look similar to MacOS'...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Divitruvious [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7m59b/how_do_i_make_the_powertools_run_search_bar_have/
  6. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  7. chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar: This problem has to do with the flags. I have read extensively on the chrome support forum about this problem. None of the so called solutions work. I understand there is a flag that will disable something so that the search stays in the search bar where it belongs. There...
  8. What is the path to the search bar?

in Cortana
    What is the path to the search bar?: I want to make a shortcut to the search bar but I can't seem to find the path, What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-path-to-the-search-bar/92ff7abf-c20f-4f57-aab3-8758283115e6
  9. Windows search bar is unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows search bar is unresponsive: Today I observed that my windows search bar is not working. Task manager and Service.msc shows searchindexer.exe is working but actually it is not. I ran a microsoft script with powershell and indexing trouble shooter as well. But things are the same till now. Troubleshooter...
  10. Typing lag when using search bars in Firefox, Spotify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typing lag when using search bars in Firefox, Spotify: I'm using a Surface pro 2 laptop and for a while now, typing in the search bar will be super laggy. ie I'll type a letter and it won't register until 4-5 seconds for each letter. This is consistent in firefox and the spotify desktop app. Any ideas how to fix this? submitted...