Windows 10: Windows Search Bar

Discus and support Windows Search Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max_066, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Max_066 Win User

Windows Search Bar

Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows will open up the program that best matches what was typed, and if not, have nothing happen, and if that is not possible, at least have it use Chrome to search the web. Thank you.

:)

Max_066, Jul 7, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 7, 2018
  4. fussybob Win User

Windows Search Bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Search Bar

1. Windows Search Bar - Similar Threads - Search Bar

2. Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working

in Cortana
    Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working: Just stop it, Microsoft. Oh, I wish I could use swear words here......... Just STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a petty, money-hungry company. Me disabling the telemetry should NOT make the search bar stop working. If I CHOOSE to block CORTANA, then that...
  3. hide search bar tablet mode

in Cortana
    hide search bar tablet mode: Hi all, We are using tablets and we need to hide the Search bar in desktop and tablet mode. I know how to hide the "search bar" in desktop mode. "CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\SearchboxTaskbarmode = 0. But, I can not find a method on how...
  4. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Box - Not in Taks Bar: Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-in-taks-bar/6c86083d-4c87-443c-8cb5-f5495a62c8a4
  5. Search bar math

in Cortana
    Search bar math: I had previously quite liked being able to type simple math into the search bar and have Cortana conjure the answer. It seems that with the Search / Cortana split up that functionality is gone. Is there a setting I can change to get it back or should I roll back the update...
  6. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....
  7. I can't type on search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type on search bar: My search bar doesn't work. I cant write there anything When i turned on "Search and Indexing" troubleshooting, it shows "incorrect permissions on windows search directories" How to repair this?...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar: My search bar used to be a place I could type in anything … the name of an app, settings, etc., and I would have a list of options to choose from, e.g., MS Power Point would allow me to open powerpoint on my computer, search the web for PP templates, etc., Now, anything I...
  9. Task Bar WEb search not working after update to 1903

in Cortana
    Task Bar WEb search not working after update to 1903: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-web-search-not-working-after-update-to/355cfa7b-cb30-4b4e-970e-1fd62f6043f9"
  10. Task bar search window too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar search window too big: I had recently updated windows and noticed that the search bar window suddenly became blown up and too intrusive for my liking. Is their some way to shrink it back to its original size? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...