Windows 10: Windows search behaviour

Discus and support Windows search behaviour in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ginGammel, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ginGammel Win User

Windows search behaviour

Hi,

I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see more results" it opens the explorer window with the results of the previous search, so I need to close the explorer window every time after a search in order to get the correct results from a new search. Is this behaviour intentional or is that bug?

Apart from that, I frequently have the issue that I can't type in the search field in the upper right corner in Explorer to perform a search in the search results. It just won't let me type.

:)

ginGammel, Jan 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jan 22, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Windows search behaviour

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Windows search behaviour

1. Windows search behaviour - Similar Threads - search behaviour

2. How do I do a Windows file search by file contents with an asterisk wildcard in the first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a Windows file search by file contents with an asterisk wildcard in the first...: Dear "Support", I have the same question as it already was discussed in 2023 - but there with no real solution.I have 4 files in a directory:1 Steuerbescheinigungen_2023_name1.pdf2 Anfrage_Steuer_Kauf_Einstand.pdf3 Jahressteuerbescheinigung_20240306.pdf4...
  3. How do I do a Windows file search by file contents with an asterisk wildcard in the first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a Windows file search by file contents with an asterisk wildcard in the first...: Dear "Support", I have the same question as it already was discussed in 2023 - but there with no real solution.I have 4 files in a directory:1 Steuerbescheinigungen_2023_name1.pdf2 Anfrage_Steuer_Kauf_Einstand.pdf3 Jahressteuerbescheinigung_20240306.pdf4...
  4. Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search: . I have Edge 91.0.864.41 in Win 10 Pro. In the Edge Settings, I have "Google" in the option: Search engine used in the address bar. For years, even with Chrome, I ignored the Google search box, and started my search by inserting my pointer in the URL bar. I did that even if...
  5. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  6. Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Cortana
    Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it gets the job done and sometimes it does not. One example of problem: https://streamable.com/c5tlkq I turn on my laptop, press Win,...
  7. File Explorer diffferent search behaviour button missing, auto complete on 2 W10 1909 Pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer diffferent search behaviour button missing, auto complete on 2 W10 1909 Pc's: I've updated 2 Pc's to W10 1909 Build 18363.1016. On one Pc, once I start typing in the search box, a button with an error on a blue background appears and it won't start showing results until I press that button, or <Enter>. I actually like that behavior better than the many...
  8. Occasional "weird" behaviour with windows search, file downloads, and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional "weird" behaviour with windows search, file downloads, and more: I'm sorry for the vague title, but I didn't know how to describe this in one line. Also, first post, please be gentle : I am experiencing some relly weird behaviour on my Laptop ever since we moved and changed out ISP. Sometimes, the start menu search just shows the blue...
  9. Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour: Hi to everyone, I'm here to ask help to restore a behaviour of the search results in Windows 10. Creating a new user on Windows 10 I realized that the search results have different graphics and layout compared to my current user. As you can see in the attachment below,...
  10. Searching from Start menu: unfathomable behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching from Start menu: unfathomable behaviour: If I search for "so" in the Start menu, I get the sound settings suggested. If I search for "soun" in the Start menu, I get a different result, even though both results contain both "so" and "soun". Why aren't both results presented? That would be ideal. Is there a way to get...