Windows 10: Windows Search Box changes

Discus and support Windows Search Box changes in Cortana to solve the problem; I just released that very recently the search box in windows 10 has been changed. No longer can you type commands such as kind:### where ### represents... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BuhleHlophe, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Windows Search Box changes

I just released that very recently the search box in windows 10 has been changed. No longer can you type commands such as kind:### where ### represents a file type i.e programs, documents, images etc in order to only return the specifically chosen ### file type as the search results .....

Is there anyway to fix this? And bring back the old functionality ?

:)

BuhleHlophe, Feb 2, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Change search box settings windows 10

> Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the
    search box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for.

- - - -

That search box uses your default search provider. Are you generally unhappy with that search provider? Have you tried others?

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Windows Search Box changes

Change search box settings windows 10

Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the search
    box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for. Please give me details how to fix? Thanks in advance.

* Moved from IE10

ResaWillserve, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Search Box changes

1. Windows Search Box changes - Similar Threads - Search Box changes

2. How to change icon in search box on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change icon in search box on Windows 10: Hello,There is picture of a strawberry pie in the search box on my taskbar in Windows 10. I tried to upload it, but it won't go through. I find the photo quite annoying and would like to remove it. Is there a way to do so?I also have no idea why the photo failed to upload. I...
  3. Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.: Hi Everyone !Quite recently, I'm getting this issue in my System. I have dark theme enabled by default, and the normal color of my search box on the taskbar is black, but as soon as I :1. Start the system2. Run ANY application literally, any applicationThe search box...
  4. How to change the Search box text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Search box text in Windows 10: In Windows 10 Search box, a default text Type here to search is visible. While some users are OK with that, others want to replace that text. If you also want the same, then you can change this default text with a custom text of your choice. You can either add your own name...
  5. Windows Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Box: I'm really not digging this new windows search box. Is there anyway to get the old box back? The one that actually finds something and starts searching as you type? As you can see, mines is buried off the screen and you can hardly see it. It wasn't like that with the old...
  6. Windows search box

in Cortana
    Windows search box: Since installing the latest version of Windows 10 home, the search feature in Windows to access the PC and to search the App store, has stopped working. It does not matter what way I try to search within Windows, nothing works. Everything was fine until the latest version...
  7. Windows search box

in Cortana
    Windows search box: I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box doesn't work anymore.If i type in the search box it doesn't show any result and always remains blank. What can I do to fix this...
  8. windows search box

in Cortana
    windows search box: When I click in the search box (even before starting to type) a black search window opens covering most of my screen. How do I get rid of this please? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box/8fb4210d-32d8-4332-9b76-8c385d38211e"
  9. Windows search box

in Cortana
    Windows search box: [ATTACH] You can see in the screenshot above of my Windows 10 search box a search tool called "Quick searches" with four choices. I don't know how or why this appeared one day in my search box. I don't want it or need it, but can't remove it. I've tried everything I can...
  10. Change Search Box Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Box Text in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 How to Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can change or remove the default Type here to search...