Windows 10: Windows Search box doesn't update

Discus and support Windows Search box doesn't update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The apps shown are always the same. I uninstalled Paint but it is still there and the other apps are chosen completely random. It is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackDevil_, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows Search box doesn't update

/u/BlackDevil_, Jul 13, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 13, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 13, 2020
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows Search box doesn't update

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search box doesn't update

1. Windows Search box doesn't update - Similar Threads - Search box doesn't

2. Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.2715All fully updated.Surface Pro 7.I have the following issue for the last few months since 23H2, I believe:I open a folder in the Desktop and click on the search box --> the keyboard opens and I can searchI open a folder using a...
  3. Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.2715All fully updated.Surface Pro 7.I have the following issue for the last few months since 23H2, I believe:I open a folder in the Desktop and click on the search box --> the keyboard opens and I can searchI open a folder using a...
  4. Windows update for search box with picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update for search box with picture.: How to attain the search box with picture updates in my current windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-for-search-box-with-picture/c2809e04-6edd-40f5-b41e-0babe9731bb1
  5. Windows update for search box with picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update for search box with picture.: How to attain the search box with picture updates in my current windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-for-search-box-with-picture/c2809e04-6edd-40f5-b41e-0babe9731bb1
  6. Windows update for search box with picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Box: I'm really not digging this new windows search box. Is there anyway to get the old box back? The one that actually finds something and starts searching as you type? As you can see, mines is buried off the screen and you can hardly see it. It wasn't like that with the old...
  8. Windows search box

in Cortana
    Windows search box: Since installing the latest version of Windows 10 home, the search feature in Windows to access the PC and to search the App store, has stopped working. It does not matter what way I try to search within Windows, nothing works. Everything was fine until the latest version...
  9. Show search box option doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show search box option doesn't appear: Hi all, I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external monitor with the laptop screen closed, and the display settings set to "only on [external monitor]", and, for some reason,...
  10. Windows search box doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows search box doesn't work: I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box doesn't work anymore.If i type in the search box it doesn't show any result and always remains blank. What can I do to fix this...