Windows 10: Windows search box doesn't work

Discus and support Windows search box doesn't work in Cortana to solve the problem; I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by alicealice4, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows search box doesn't work

I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box doesn't work anymore.If i type in the search box it doesn't show any result and always remains blank. What can I do to fix this problem, please hel.

:)

alicealice4, Feb 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows search box doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Windows search box doesn't work

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows search box doesn't work

1. Windows search box doesn't work - Similar Threads - search box doesn't

2. Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.2715All fully updated.Surface Pro 7.I have the following issue for the last few months since 23H2, I believe:I open a folder in the Desktop and click on the search box --> the keyboard opens and I can searchI open a folder using a...
  3. Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search box in tablet mode doesn't work: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.2715All fully updated.Surface Pro 7.I have the following issue for the last few months since 23H2, I believe:I open a folder in the Desktop and click on the search box --> the keyboard opens and I can searchI open a folder using a...
  4. Search boxes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search boxes not working: Hi guys. I just did a clean install of my system and for some reason none of the search boxes let me type. Such as: settings, start, mail and other windows apps. I can type just fine on non windows applications though. Can someone please help because I cant even open apps...
  5. windows search box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box not working: can anyone help me fix windows search box not typing i run this command everytime when i boot my pc C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but its getting annoying having to run it everytime i boot my pc...
  6. Windows Search box doesn't update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search box doesn't update: [ATTACH] The apps shown are always the same. I uninstalled Paint but it is still there and the other apps are chosen completely random. It is not showing the most used/recent apps, but just random apps I use sometimes (except for Calculator). Any tip?...
  7. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  8. Windows search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search box not working: the search bar has stopped working since the last Windows Update - it no longer lets you search anymore - when you click on it, it opens an annoying window with "frequent apps" I've never used and "what's happing now" ads, and "Recommended" ads for other Microsoft products -...
  9. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  10. windows search box is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box is not working: my laptop is slowed down. microsoft edge is not opening. windows search box is also not working. any other application also not opening . what to do? settings also not working....