Windows 10: Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...

Discus and support Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,A few days ago, I have been having this weird windows search bar graphical glitch from my recently purchased laptop Zephyrus G15 2021. The laptop... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OctaneH35, Jun 11, 2021.

1. OctaneH35 Win User

Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...

Hi,A few days ago, I have been having this weird windows search bar graphical glitch from my recently purchased laptop Zephyrus G15 2021. The laptop has the most recent Windows updates with a fresh install to clean out unnecessary software from OEMs, as well as all the latest essential OEM updates from ASUS such as ROG Armoury and MyAsus. The problem I have been having occurs after every bootup either restart or simply signing out of Windows and logging back in, you will see the search bar white with black highlights. When you mouse over the search box, it goes back to the default dark

:)

OctaneH35, Jun 11, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Weird graphical text editor glitch in a dual monitor setup on windows 10

My dearest superusers,

I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)

Screenshot for one example of overlapping words:

Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential... KLWUi.png

It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:

• When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by saving the python file
    • When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
    • And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
    • When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
    • Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
    • As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
    • Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.

This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.

To solve the problem, I've tried to:

• update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD
      Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
    • Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really
      know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I
      hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!

Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem?
    Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.

Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.

BlueRine S, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...

Graphical(?) glitch happening, windows 10

Hello Shado,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...

1. Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential... - Similar Threads - search box graphical

2. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  3. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  4. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  5. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  6. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

7. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  8. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  9. Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

in Cortana
    Start Button Search Graphics Glitch: I am seeing a graphics glitch when I try to search something from the start button. It only shows half the search and the rest of the start button popup becomes transparent. Any idea how to fix? It doesn't really affect anything it just looks weird. I included a screenshot...
  10. MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.

in Cortana
    MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.: How do I get rid of the search box = also how do I prevent it appearing in the first place?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-search-box-will-appear-out-of-nowhere-obscure/664b4b2b-688f-4799-bfdd-c462475da371"