Windows 10: Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

Discus and support Windows search box - No documents show up in all section? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Felix Kwok, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember documents showing up in the all tab before but I'm not sure. From what I know search index should only affect the speed of document searching, not the usability.On a side note I have some other questions: Will logging into the Microsoft rewards account for the search box use up any resources or decrease performance in any way?Also why is ctrl + shift + b required to bold text as a shortcut when on caps lock mode? Are bookmarks the same thing a

:)

Felix Kwok, Dec 22, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 22, 2021
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Dec 22, 2021
  4. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Dec 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

1. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section? - Similar Threads - search box documents

2. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  3. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  4. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

in Cortana
    Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?: Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember documents showing up in the all tab before but I'm not sure. From what I know search index should only affect the speed of...
  6. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?: Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember documents showing up in the all tab before but I'm not sure. From what I know search index should only affect the speed of...
  7. Search box missing with no option for "show search box"

in Cortana
    Search box missing with no option for "show search box": I followed this thread exactly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-search-box-back-in-the-task-bar-win-10/d6d22ba7-7398-4bc9-b86f-e41e6e80f7d4 but still don't have the search bar. Yes, I have "use small taskbars" set to off. Yes, I have...
  8. Searching for items in documents: section dividers

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for items in documents: section dividers: v.1903; MS Office 2007 I do not recall making the change myself, but now, when I search for a folder or file, the list is in sections e.g A-H, 0-9. Quite simply, I would like to have an unbroken list to search through, but can't think how to achieve that. Your thoughts?...
  9. Search Box not showing

in Cortana
    Search Box not showing: Hi, I am on W10 1903 build 18980.1. Since a while, should I click on the taskbar's search icon or WIN+S, nothing happens (or sometimes I get a big black square). This is kind of a pain, as i'm not fond of icons y navigate mostly through searches. I already tried...
  10. Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes: When I go into Windows Settings and open Devices, the list of devices shows up as boxes instead of normal fonts. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...