Windows 10: windows search box not producing result from search criteria

Discus and support windows search box not producing result from search criteria in Cortana to solve the problem; windows search box not producing result from search criteria... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CarlTonay, Aug 30, 2019.

1. CarlTonay Win User

windows search box not producing result from search criteria

:)

CarlTonay, Aug 30, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Retaining Search Box results

I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. The search box results disappear now after I load a file or folder so I have to perform another search from scratch.

Let me try to explain differently:

1. Click the Start button

2. In the search box, type "Microsoft"

3. Click "My Stuff" to limit the search to your computer

4. In the "Show" drop-down box, click "Documents"

5. Click "See All" and select a document

You'll notice that document opens but the search results window is lost so it's impossible to return to it if the first document isn't the one you want, necessitating another search from the beginning which is very frustrating. In Windows 7, the search results window would remain open in a minimized state so it could be activated to open additional documents.

I'm asking if this functionality remains in Windows 10 because it's very annoying to go back to the very beginning to continue searching.

Thank you.

BARNEYKATZ1978, Aug 30, 2019
  4. windows search box not producing result from search criteria

Save cortana search results

after entering search criteria and viewing the results, i find no place where i can save the search results list so that i can use the same list again and again as i locate the information im looking for. thanks for ur help

Original Title: cortana search

gary berry, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. windows search box not producing result from search criteria - Similar Threads - search box producing

2. Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?: I have a directory full of html files. It won't search for text inside them. submitted by /u/zeroone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yzjkoy/why_doesnt_windows_search_ever_produce_any_results/
  3. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  4. File searching criteria

in Cortana
    File searching criteria: How do I search for a file using creation date and time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-searching-criteria/0681d344-f2e0-423c-a7ce-d5ad963755a1
  5. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  6. File Explorer Search Criteria

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Criteria: File Explorer Search Criteria: can you use search characters e.g. ? * https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-criteria/b3710944-73e5-490b-9372-97901eb82b61"
  7. Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.

in Cortana
    Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.: After updating to Windows 10 October Update (re-released one), I can't select anything from result screen using my mouse. I can do so using cursor keys though. Any solution for it? My Windows 10 build is 17763.134. Also, this happens too. [ATTACH]...
  8. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  9. Search Box not showing results from other hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box not showing results from other hard drives: For example, my documents on on my Data drive G:, and although it is indexed documents don't show up in search. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? 8346
  10. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...