Windows 10: windows search box stopped working

Discus and support windows search box stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after the last windows 10 update my windows search box stopped workin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trouble4u2, Oct 13, 2018.

1. windows search box stopped working

after the last windows 10 update my windows search box stopped workin

:)

Trouble4u2, Oct 13, 2018

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 13, 2018
  4. rdmeyer Win User

windows search box stopped working

Search Box Stopped Working

In Windows 10, my search box has stopped working. I rebooted and it started working again but then stopped. I clicked on Cortana and the box opened but when I typed in a request, I just received a black box, no answers.

rdmeyer, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

windows search box stopped working

1. windows search box stopped working - Similar Threads - search box stopped

2. Search boxes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search boxes not working: Hi guys. I just did a clean install of my system and for some reason none of the search boxes let me type. Such as: settings, start, mail and other windows apps. I can type just fine on non windows applications though. Can someone please help because I cant even open apps...
  3. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: hi,i really hope if someone can help me because i am sec and tired trying find files, apps, ... and i have my search box there but not working unfortantly.i tryed every solution possible in the internet and nothing work for me.the Version of système d’exploitation :...
  4. windows search box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box not working: can anyone help me fix windows search box not typing i run this command everytime when i boot my pc C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but its getting annoying having to run it everytime i boot my pc...
  5. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  6. Windows search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search box not working: the search bar has stopped working since the last Windows Update - it no longer lets you search anymore - when you click on it, it opens an annoying window with "frequent apps" I've never used and "what's happing now" ads, and "Recommended" ads for other Microsoft products -...
  7. File Explorer search box stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer search box stops working: Hi - we're having a problem with File explorer search bar, whereby users find that randomly it locks up and stops allowing input. Currently the fix is to get the user to go to task manager and restart explorer.exe process, which is cumbersome. I wonder if anyone else faced...
  8. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  9. windows start button and search box stopped working

in Cortana
    windows start button and search box stopped working: windows start button and search box stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-box-stopped/ad7b97bd-6e0d-4d84-a0f7-ea6634a7d8fe"
  10. windows search box is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box is not working: my laptop is slowed down. microsoft edge is not opening. windows search box is also not working. any other application also not opening . what to do? settings also not working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search box suddenly stop working