Windows 10: Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode

Discus and support Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a maddening issue with the Search box on the latest Windows update version 21H1 on only one of my PCs. The Search box seemingly randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rranger, Jun 3, 2021.

1. rranger Win User

Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode

I'm having a maddening issue with the Search box on the latest Windows update version 21H1 on only one of my PCs. The Search box seemingly randomly turns white with the text in black as shown below:I have three PCs with this update and each of them has an nVidia graphics card, but only one of my PCs is doing this. I've uninstalled nVidia GeForce Experience and drivers on that PC, cleaned the registry, and then reinstalled and nothing is changing. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix this? This is distinctly different from the white Search box in Dark Mode that appeared i

:)

rranger, Jun 3, 2021

2. Cortana search box is white

after one year of dark or light Cortana search box, Microsoft thinks it is a great idea for it to be controlled with dark/light mode. I personally think the taskbar, Start and Action Center should also change to white to match the Cortana search box and
    the light mode.

Awesome Aasim, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Thomas Win User
    How to make search box in Windows 10 dark when the default app mode is Light?

After a recent Windows update the search box on my taskbar has turned from dark grey to white. How can I change it back to dark grey without changing my default app mode to Dark?

I found some older instructions about editing the registry or changing the region to a country that Cortana doesn't recognize, but none of them worked for me. Could there be a new registry value that could be changed to force the search box to be dark grey?

Thomas, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Speednet Win User

'Type here to search' (the cortana search box) have appeared white and it remains white !! Why??? Is it an issue?

Sorry, it did not help at all. I executed the Powershell commands, rebooted, and the search box is white.

The problem is on all my various computers, so I'm doubting it is some kind of installation problem. I think there is a bug with Cortana.

I noticed that even if I reboot and the box is initially dark, like it should be, if I click into the search box (which turns it white), it fails to go dark again after dismissing Cortana. So I think there is a bug in the code.

I am on the latest version of Windows 10 (1709).

Speednet, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Search Box Text

2. White text / page gets pixelated surrounding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White text / page gets pixelated surrounding: HelloThis problem occurs in different apps, such as powertoys and clipchamp. When i move the mouse, it gets white pixelation.https://i.imgur.com/7oWA7ve.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/PEMk5d2.pngPlease help....
  3. White text / page gets pixelated surrounding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White text / page gets pixelated surrounding: HelloThis problem occurs in different apps, such as powertoys and clipchamp. When i move the mouse, it gets white pixelation.https://i.imgur.com/7oWA7ve.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/PEMk5d2.pngPlease help....
  4. Windows Search Box Won't Use Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Box Won't Use Dark Mode: I recently used software that one of my friends recommended to me that is supposed to de-bloat Windows. It worked and saved me a bit of memory usage, however I noticed that the search box suddenly changed to light mode and refuses the change back no matter what I do.Below are...
  5. Windows Search Box Won't Use Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Box Won't Use Dark Mode: I recently used software that one of my friends recommended to me that is supposed to de-bloat Windows. It worked and saved me a bit of memory usage, however I noticed that the search box suddenly changed to light mode and refuses the change back no matter what I do.Below are...
  6. Windows Search Box Won't Use Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to keep Windows Search Box WHITE in Dark Mode

How to keep Windows Search Box WHITE in Dark Mode: Hey,So I wanted to have my Windows Search Box WHITE in Dark mode on windows 10, but as I toggle Dark mode in "default app mode", the search box too turn dark.So please suggest any tweaks to achieve this.Windows Ver. : Windows 10 Pro 20H2OS Build 19042.1165Thanks In Advance...
  8. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  9. Search box turns completely white when changing to light mode

Search box turns completely white when changing to light mode: If I change my theme to light, then the search box text turns white, making it completely unreadable. Any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-turns-completely-white-when-changing-to/f7d8ea1c-1b11-476c-970d-b9b4e1dbc4f2
  10. Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Black Theme is one of the favorite themes of Windows 10 users, and if you see anything which is white it gets annoying. Take a case of Taskbar which is usually dark, but when you look at Cortana search [...] This post Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows...