Windows 10: Windows search box

Discus and support Windows search box in Cortana to solve the problem; I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by alicealice4, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows search box

I am using Hp laptop with "Windows 10 Home" installed on it. So,After installing updates on 5th February 2020, I discovered that windows search box doesn't work anymore.If i type in the search box it doesn't show any result and always remains blank. What can I do to fix this problem, please hel.

:)

alicealice4, Feb 8, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 8, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Windows search box

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows search box

1. Windows search box - Similar Threads - search box

2. Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.: Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.Windows 11 23h2 22631.3296.Attachment screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-last-update-no-type-of-image-appears-in/35692694-9003-414a-bbc5-a30877459bee
  3. Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.: Since the last update, no type of image appears in the search box.Windows 11 23h2 22631.3296.Attachment screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-last-update-no-type-of-image-appears-in/35692694-9003-414a-bbc5-a30877459bee
  4. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  5. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  6. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

7. Instructions for using File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Instructions for using File Explorer Search Box: I want to find all files named *.vb that contains the string ASD in a folder's tree.Where are the MS instructions that show how to use the file explore search box?...
  8. Instructions for using File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instructions for using File Explorer Search Box: I want to find all files named *.vb that contains the string ASD in a folder's tree.Where are the MS instructions that show how to use the file explore search box?...
  9. Instructions for using File Explorer Search Box

10. Windows 10 google chrome new tab search box disappear? and typing on it shows light blue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 google chrome new tab search box disappear? and typing on it shows light blue...: My google chrome is updated. I Posted on google support but no one answers. How to fix this? I tested on many of my friends' computers. Only mine is broken. How to fix plz...