Windows 10: Windows Search Box

Discus and support Windows Search Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm really not digging this new windows search box. Is there anyway to get the old box back? The one that actually finds something and starts searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Soapm Win User

Windows Search Box

I'm really not digging this new windows search box. Is there anyway to get the old box back? The one that actually finds something and starts searching as you type? As you can see, mines is buried off the screen and you can hardly see it. It wasn't like that with the old search box.

Windows Search Box [​IMG]

PS... It's the one in the top right when you have file explorer open. I use it to search my files for ideas I've used before.

:)

Soapm, Sep 13, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 13, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Windows Search Box

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Box

1. Windows Search Box - Similar Threads - Search Box

2. SEARCH BOX ALWAYS ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SEARCH BOX ALWAYS ON: Dear Microsoft, I have very disappointed experience using Windows 10. Every time "search box" always on, and working, made me difficult to type something. How to enable this box? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  3. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  4. SEARCH BOX.

in Cortana
    SEARCH BOX.: Windows has stopped me typing in 'search' box. Have noticed you get a faint vertical line halfway across screen when you press 'type here'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/7edfc1cb-0013-41ff-b3cc-1d2c5ec28fc5
  5. search box is not working everywhere

in Cortana
    search box is not working everywhere: I have updated latest version of windows yesterday and my search box is not at all working everywhere. I have troubleshooted it and run some powershell folders but nothing is working till now please help me...
  6. The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

in Cortana
    The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?: The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not-work-the/ea57fb73-643a-48b5-88d9-2f6f56f4ea2e
  7. windows search box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box not working: can anyone help me fix windows search box not typing i run this command everytime when i boot my pc C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but its getting annoying having to run it everytime i boot my pc...
  8. I need help (Windows 10 Search box crashing)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help (Windows 10 Search box crashing): Can you guys help me i have a problem with my windows search ill try to record it https://reddit.com/link/iqifb3/video/8137m42qofm51/player submitted by /u/TrueAssasinOrAmI [link] [comments]...
  9. How to align the search box with the right side of the screen? This is genuinely driving me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to align the search box with the right side of the screen? This is genuinely driving me...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Volvith [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqgcuf/how_to_align_the_search_box_with_the_right_side/
  10. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....