Windows 10: Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd

Discus and support Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to push the last few months windows updates to the computers in our small business however on my test machines every time i push the CU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moxnix, Oct 1, 2019.

1. moxnix Win User

Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd

I would like to push the last few months windows updates to the computers in our small business however on my test machines every time i push the CU for 1903 windows search breaks we have enough computers that I cannot push it out then manually go and apply fixes to each machine. Should i just wait until a future CU fixes these issues? Is there perhaps something in my domain causing this? I know this was an issue with the first update that had cortana spiking cpu use i would have thought it was resolved by now but every time i load a new CU same issue computers i test on cannot search and uninstalling the CUs always fixes the issue.

:)

moxnix, Oct 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 1, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd

1. Windows search breaks with any CU since aug including the sep 26 upd - Similar Threads - search breaks since

2. Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar: I uninstalled an update of windows as i was trying to troubleshoot a mouse connection issue. since the uninstall i have not been able to type into a search bar. I have tried several troubleshooting options on this forum with no positive results. one thing to note when i try...
  3. help with windows updes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help with windows updes: please help rectify this problem :windows security notification unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked c:\...\dynabookSystemSe... from making changes to memory I am running windows 10 and I am getting this notification every hour also I'm getting Error...
  4. New Microsoft Launcher Preview 6.2.200703.79830 for Android - Aug. 26

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Launcher Preview 6.2.200703.79830 for Android - Aug. 26: Microsoft Launcher Preview Deprecation Thanks for trying the Preview Launcher and for your feedback! We've released a new version of Microsoft Launcher, and to give you plenty of time to transition, we’re waiting until the end of August to phase out the preview....
  5. New Windows Terminal Preview v1.3.2382.0 update for Windows 10 Aug. 26

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Terminal Preview v1.3.2382.0 update for Windows 10 Aug. 26: Features We're trying out a new tab switching experience! (#6732), followups: (#7263) (#7280) (#7321) The nextTab and prevTab bindings will now display an ephemeral UI that can be navigated with the mouse or keyboard If you would like to fall back to the original...
  6. New Windows Terminal v1.2.2381.0 released for Windows 10 - Aug. 26

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Terminal v1.2.2381.0 released for Windows 10 - Aug. 26: This release brings all of the preview changes in Windows Terminal 1.2 to the stable channel. A preinstallation kit is available for system integrators and OEMs interested in prepackaging Windows Terminal with a Windows image. More information is available in the DISM...
  7. Announcing Windows Server vNext Insider Preview Build 20201 - Aug. 26

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server vNext Insider Preview Build 20201 - Aug. 26: Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are pleased to release a new Insider preview build of the Windows Server VNext Semi-Annual Channel ISO, VHDX, and language packs. Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...rpreviewserver 163303
  8. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20201.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Aug. 26

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20201.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Aug. 26: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20201 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Updates for developers The Windows SDK is now flighting continuously with the Dev Channel. Whenever a new OS build is flighted to the Dev...
  9. Saving Search Breaks Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Search Breaks Search: This is Win 10 question. Just recently saved searches on explorer for pdf filed result in an invalid directory error. Word files work OK. If I do a search from explorer for pdf it works. If I save and run again I get the error. I have tried saving it in different...
  10. BSOD issue since 8/26

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue since 8/26: Split from this thread. I have the same problem as the above posters initial complaint. Asus ROG Strix 703gs, i7-8750H (Hex Core), 16 gig ddr4, nvidia 1070 sata 256 gig, 1 tb hdd. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2CSkGIenMAgaBYTIDr__KCNH_snA Also this started occurring after a...