Windows 10: Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff)

Discus and support Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I don't use the search function that often as most of the time I just go through File Explorer to find whatever I'm looking for. However, after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lyteshadow12, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff)

So I don't use the search function that often as most of the time I just go through File Explorer to find whatever I'm looking for. However, after the recent update to 2004, I have noticed that Windows can't find basic stuff including things like Notepad, Disk Cleanup, Task Scheduler etc. I already tried running the troubleshooter but everything seems to be running fine. Would resetting Search fix this? Or what could be the cause of this? Thanks.

submitted by /u/lyteshadow12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lyteshadow12, Jul 14, 2020

2. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Jul 14, 2020
  3. nfshp253 Win User
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff) [​IMG]

nfshp253, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff)

Can't find "Windows Update" on Search

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Let's try to follow these methods, mentioned below:

Method 1:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Try to refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1:

1. Type Settings in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Step 2:

• Type Windows update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Windows update settings or Check for updates.

Step 3:

• Type update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Check for updates.
    Step 4:

1. Click on Windows key+ I, then Settings Window will open on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue, so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff)

1. Windows Search broken after updating to 2004 (can't find simple stuff) - Similar Threads - Search broken updating

2. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Quick Search Broken after Windows Update: Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to load the app.All of it without touching the mouse.After the update, all I can do is:1. Press the Windows Key2. Try to type but...
  3. SMB broken after update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMB broken after update to 2004: Hi everybody, after updating to Win10 2004 I can't access SMB shares anymore. When I try to connect I get the error "0x80004005" after it loads for a while. This seems to be a common problem due to the deprecation of SMB1. Still none of the suggestions I could find (from...
  4. Calculator is broken after update to 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator is broken after update to 2004.: I updated to Windows 10 2004, but after I did the calculator was broken in the start menu. If I type in the start menu "calculator" on the right side of the start menu where there are options such as open, but under open there are 4 options that all say...
  5. Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update: My realtek wifi adapter broke as soon as I installed Windows10 2004. I've done driver reset, rollback, update and even windows rolling back to version 1909 and fresh start but all of those didn't work. Hi Microsoft Team, do you have fix on this?...
  6. Can't update after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  7. Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/incognitocmode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3ca1r/cant_find_notepad_with_search_bar_windows_10/
  8. Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with Windows 10. Miracast worked great on it until I upgraded to Windows Build 2004. Miracast still works with other Windows 10 devices so IT IS NOT the device. I have tried to remove the drivers in device manager, to shut off defender...
  9. Search not working after the 2004 update

in Cortana
    Search not working after the 2004 update: I installed the 2004 update from the settings app, and having done that, the search option has simply stopped working. I tried resetting it with the PowerShell script, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc /scannow command cannot find any problems, but the...
  10. Windows 10 Start Search can't find stuff in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Search can't find stuff in Start Menu: Hi I have a clean install of windows 10 with bootcamp on a macbook 13 early 2015 using the iso downloaded from microsoft. I've also enabled compact os. I have this same problem: Windows 10 Search can't find ANY applications. Even calculator - Super User it seems. Win+S...