Windows 10: Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754

Discus and support Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello fellow sufferers, since the KB4576754 update only one installed last night my windows taskbar search is broken, and search does not work in the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by 16mc1r, Oct 4, 2020.

1. 16mc1r Win User

Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754

Hello fellow sufferers,

since the KB4576754 update only one installed last night my windows taskbar search is broken, and search does not work in the explorer. --> I can't even set the cursor into to searchbar in the explorer and there after hitting the windows key none of my keystrokes register.

Obviously, this really f*** up my productivtiy and how I use my PC. I tried troubleshooting with the "windows search troubleshooter" which says its restarts searchUI.exe not among running processes in TaskManger but complains about unfixable permission problems but fails to mention where they should be. After inspection, I cannot see any missing permissions. I tried various other approaches after google search but none helped thus far.

Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, Build: 19041.408

No Coranta, No edge.

:)

16mc1r, Oct 4, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 4, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754

1. Windows Search Broken since Update KB4576754 - Similar Threads - Search Broken since

2. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  3. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  4. Windows Search is broken

in Cortana
  5. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is broken: [ATTACH] Hi, I need your help because for some reason, and no matter what I search, I've got Minecraft (Windows 10) that comes up first in the search thingy, it would be nice if I actually wanted to launch it, but it is bothering, since I can't press Enter to launch the...
  6. KB4576754 causing headaches

KB4576754 causing headaches: Hi all - the past month, with Windows updates, has been problematic. First, the October update would not install properly and I had to download it manually and install it from here (which worked, fortunately), but now I'm getting repeated attempted installs of KB4576754...
  7. Windows search broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search broken: I assume the Windows search this PC feature that is in the upper right of all the windows is currently broken in Windows 2004? 158508
  8. Windows Search is broken

Windows Search is broken: I am unable to click the search icon on Windows taskbar. Pressing the Win key on keyboard and then typing searched word isn't working either. Is there any known solution to fix this? (occurred after last insider update) submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron [link] [comments]...
  9. Window Search Broken

Window Search Broken: Long story short, I got an upgraded hard drive. I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 successfully on the hard drive, signed back into the Windows account and everything is perfect, EXCEPT.... I have noticed that for some reason, in this fresh install of Windows, the search bars at...
  10. Windows Hello function broken since update?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello function broken since update?: Does anyone have a solution to fix this since the creators update 1803 as now my finger scan is not accepted and choose to use a pin to log in is not available? [img] 110297