Windows 10: Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

Discus and support Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PeteNL, Mar 14, 2022.

1. PeteNL Win User

Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the Windows Search results. I believe it has something to do with a name change after an update, i.e. "Ubuntu" is now "Ubuntu on Windows". For some reason, this updated name does not appear in the search index, but keeps finding the old name which has been removed. I suspect this leads to the updated app unable to launch, is there anyway to add the updated app to the search index, and remove the old redundant data?Kind regards,Pete

:)

PeteNL, Mar 14, 2022
  2. AriKing Win User

Unable to Launch Applications from Windows 10 Search

Recently the start menu on stopped working altogether. The only "solution" to this problem was to create a new account. In the new account, I am
    unable to launch applications via the Windows search bar. The search bar
    does find the application and display it in the search results list, but neither pressing the enter key or left clicking on the application cause the application to launch.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

AriKing, Mar 14, 2022
  3. AriKing Win User
    Unable to Launch Applications from Windows 10 Search

Hi,

I ran the DISM tool, but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem; I still can not launch applications from the search bar by pressing enter or left-clicking on application icon.

To restate and clarify the issue, the search bar does return and display appropriate search results, however pressing enter or left-clicking on the return results (which are apps) does not cause them to launch. Any other suggestions? Thanks

AriKing, Mar 14, 2022
  4. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

1. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results. - Similar Threads - Search bug application

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. Search application bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search application bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wbflmo/search_application_bug/
  5. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.: Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the Windows Search results. I believe it has something to do with a name change after an update, i.e. "Ubuntu" is now "Ubuntu on...
  6. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.: Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the Windows Search results. I believe it has something to do with a name change after an update, i.e. "Ubuntu" is now "Ubuntu on...
  7. Windows "Search" results, always prioritizes "Web Results" bug.

in Cortana
    Windows "Search" results, always prioritizes "Web Results" bug.: For quite some time now, Windows search bar started prioritizing the web results option. For example, as always when I typed "Update" on the magnifying glass on the taskbar. "Check for Updates" used to come up first, now it has the "See Web Results" option come up, that...
  8. no app results in windows search

in Cortana
    no app results in windows search: After booting up my device I realised that none of the installed apps are shown in the windows search. Some of the folders pop up but not the app itself and it was working fine yesterday. I have tried to run the troubleshooter, restarted the windows search service. I have...
  9. Unable to Launch Some Applications from Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    Unable to Launch Some Applications from Windows 10 Search: Hi there, I use the last version of Windows 10 2004 completely updated on my Laptop. It's not a new problem apparently but I can't launch several applications and I love this way of launching apps. I have the same problem with another computer under Windows 10 2004 too....
  10. search results that are not apps are not selectable

in Windows 10 Support
    search results that are not apps are not selectable: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit edition. I upgraded from Windows 8 pro. When I search for non-apps, such as "power options", the search results appear properly. However, when I click on the power options search result (with the icon), nothing happens. Clicking on...