Windows 10: Windows Search: Class not registered

Discus and support Windows Search: Class not registered in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Search stopped working. The event log shows the entry: The Windows Search service terminated with the following service-specific error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kaputafj, Sep 22, 2016.

1. kaputafj Win User

Windows Search: Class not registered

Windows Search stopped working. The event log shows the entry:

The Windows Search service terminated with the following service-specific error:
    Class not registered

If I attempt to start the service manually, a MessageBox pops up and tells me to check the Event Viewer (see above entry), and references a service-specific code error -2147221164.

I cannot search for docs from the taskbar, and cannot search within Outlook through messages, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

kaputafj, Sep 22, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 START MENU NOT WORKING

How do I fix "Class Not Registered" on Windows 10 Start Windows Tiles?

Richard JClarke Jr, Sep 22, 2016
  3. windows 10 class error explorerframe.dll not registered, unable to open edge, do search, not getting start menu

windows 10 class error explorerframe.dll not registered, unable to open edge, do search, not getting start menu

windows update not working.

sreeni1965, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Windows Search: Class not registered

1. Windows Search: Class not registered - Similar Threads - Search Class registered

2. Class not registered

in Windows 10 Customization
    Class not registered: So I've been having this error since my computer updated yesterday and everytime I boot it up and login explorer is not running so I manually start it up. Once I do that my sound stops working and if I try to open videos images or even the main windows settings it tells me...
  3. Class not registered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Class not registered: Hi! I am Blake. A kid who has little knowledge of what happened to my laptop. Once I was playing some Roblox and then once I got off for the day, I went to sleep and went back to my laptop and saw the Class not registered thing. when I tried to use the search bar of the...
  4. class not registered

in Windows 10 Customization
    class not registered: Hi, I need help. my start menu doesn't open. I can't open my settings or any app on my pc and if I try to open any app it says explorer exe class not registered. please I don't know how to fix it. i have try so many ways and they don't work. please help...
  5. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  6. 'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links

in Windows 10 Support
    'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links: I have only had Windows 10 for a few days --- mostly it is working well but a major fault is that when searching from Cortana, or clicking on a link, I almost always get the error 'class not registered'. Yesterday I was prevented from installing Belarc Advisor because of...
  7. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  8. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  9. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329