Windows 10: Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Discus and support Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just did a fresh upgrade install and I already have 2 errors in the Event log --> Application section. Error 1: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Hi, I just did a fresh upgrade install and I already have 2 errors in the Event log --> Application section.

Error 1: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )Description: The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt.Details:The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 (0xc0041801)

Error 2: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )Description: The search service has detected corrupted data files in the index {id=4810 - base\appmodel\search\search\ytrip\common\util\jetutil.cpp (609)}. The service will attempt to automatically correct this problem by rebuilding the index.The data is invalid. 0x8007000d (0x8007000d)

Error 3: I ran the WIndows Search Troubleshooter as Admin, selected all options and the tool did detect an error with Permissions, yet when the scan was completed the error was not fixed.

I can add more details from the Event log & Troubleshooter but it would clog up my first post where I want to keep things compact. Having said that, I now will list the things I've done so far:
    - sfc scannow
    - dism /Restore Health
    - check the WSearch Service, which is running & set to delayed start
    - and finally I'm rebuilding the Index thru Control Panel --> Indexing Options --> Advanced

The Index is being rebuild as I typ here, so I'll just add more details from the Event log in a subsequent post and then wait to see if re-indexing fixed my issues...

:)

witten1972, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows Update Catalog / Search Options

Hello ANoTest,

Windows Update Catalog is a website that offers updates for computers. Through this, you can download Windows Updates manually. Here are the steps on how to download Update from Window Update Catalog manually:

• OpenWindows Update Catalog.
    • In the search text box, type your search terms. (Example: Windows 10 1607 X64)
    • Click Search.
    • Browse the list that is displayed to select the updates that you want to download.
    • Click Add for each selection to add it to the download basket.
    • Click view basket under the Search box to view the download basket.
    • Verify your list of updates, and then click Download.
    • Note If you are prompted, click Accept to accept the license agreement.
    • Select the location where you want to save the updates. You can either type the full path of the folder, or you can click Browse to locate the folder.
    • Click Continue to start the download.
    • When the download is complete, click Close to close the Download Window.
    • Close the Windows Update Catalog Window.
    • Find the location that you specified in step 9.
      Note: If you have downloaded device drivers for installation, go to
      Installing Drivers.
    • Double-click each update, and then follow the instructions to install the update. If the updates are intended for another computer, copy the updates to that computer, and then double-click the updates to install them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Window 10 Search Service does not work. "Invalid permissions on Windows Search Catalogues"

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to search using Cortana?

• Does Windows Search in File Explorer work?

I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories

Hi Emil,

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

1. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions - Similar Threads - Search corrupt catalog

2. MS Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Update Catalog: I read that you can download updates from Microsoft Update Catalog, for instance to add to an WDS installation. But how? If I search for Windows 10 1809, I see a lot of entries, do I need to download them all separately? I see some people mention a basket or so. I don't see...
  3. User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?: I have a machine I have had for a few years and has been working fine. Suddenly a couple days ago Dropbox gave me an error that it couldn't start and said the error was 'usually because of a permissions error'. Since then, Photoshop will not start, saying it doesn't have...
  4. Windows Update Catalog

Windows Update Catalog: My Windows updated automatically to 1803 17134.407 and worsen my gaming performance, so I'd like to get back to the version I was using before. I found that the last version I know I used and was fine was 1803 KB4457128. I found it in Windows Update Catalog, but how exactly...
  5. Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!: When I do a Windows File Explorer search of my D: drive where I keep all of my documents, photos, etc., the results that appear are not from the D: drive but rather the backup copies that I have in my F: drive. How can this happen? I am running 1803 will all current...
  6. Error on Microsoft Update Catalog

Error on Microsoft Update Catalog: I just download windows update catalog for 86x-based on KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). But when I try to install it, installation fails and dialog box says some updates were not install. I have run windows troubleshooter and restarted my pc but nothing seems to work. What...
  7. Wrong icon in start menu when searching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong icon in start menu when searching: The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks! Some examples of the wrong icons are shown below. Why I choose "Ubuntu 16.04" rather than other common built-in UWP apps is that...
  8. Taskbar search wrong color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar search wrong color: This is the 3rd time I reinstalled windows 10 FCU and as you can see in the attached image my search area in the taskbar is white when it should be light gray. Henry [img] 98164
  9. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed: So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried...
  10. API Catalog

in Windows 10 News
    API Catalog: The API Catalog is a tool to visualize and analyze the API overlap between standards specifications and support across browsers. [img] This data was gathered by extracting specification IDL definitions from notable web specifications. Browser information was...