Windows 10: Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Discus and support Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just did a fresh upgrade install and I already have 2 errors in the Event log --> Application section. Error 1: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Hi, I just did a fresh upgrade install and I already have 2 errors in the Event log --> Application section.

Error 1: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )Description: The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt.Details:The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 (0xc0041801)

Error 2: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )Description: The search service has detected corrupted data files in the index {id=4810 - base\appmodel\search\search\ytrip\common\util\jetutil.cpp (609)}. The service will attempt to automatically correct this problem by rebuilding the index.The data is invalid. 0x8007000d (0x8007000d)

Error 3: I ran the WIndows Search Troubleshooter as Admin, selected all options and the tool did detect an error with Permissions, yet when the scan was completed the error was not fixed.

I can add more details from the Event log & Troubleshooter but it would clog up my first post where I want to keep things compact. Having said that, I now will list the things I've done so far:
    - sfc scannow
    - dism /Restore Health
    - check the WSearch Service, which is running & set to delayed start
    - and finally I'm rebuilding the Index thru Control Panel --> Indexing Options --> Advanced

The Index is being rebuild as I typ here, so I'll just add more details from the Event log in a subsequent post and then wait to see if re-indexing fixed my issues...

:)

witten1972, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows Update Catalog / Search Options

Hello ANoTest,

Windows Update Catalog is a website that offers updates for computers. Through this, you can download Windows Updates manually. Here are the steps on how to download Update from Window Update Catalog manually:

• OpenWindows Update Catalog.
    • In the search text box, type your search terms. (Example: Windows 10 1607 X64)
    • Click Search.
    • Browse the list that is displayed to select the updates that you want to download.
    • Click Add for each selection to add it to the download basket.
    • Click view basket under the Search box to view the download basket.
    • Verify your list of updates, and then click Download.
    • Note If you are prompted, click Accept to accept the license agreement.
    • Select the location where you want to save the updates. You can either type the full path of the folder, or you can click Browse to locate the folder.
    • Click Continue to start the download.
    • When the download is complete, click Close to close the Download Window.
    • Close the Windows Update Catalog Window.
    • Find the location that you specified in step 9.
      Note: If you have downloaded device drivers for installation, go to
      Installing Drivers.
    • Double-click each update, and then follow the instructions to install the update. If the updates are intended for another computer, copy the updates to that computer, and then double-click the updates to install them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Window 10 Search Service does not work. "Invalid permissions on Windows Search Catalogues"

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to search using Cortana?

• Does Windows Search in File Explorer work?

I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories

Hi Emil,

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

1. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions - Similar Threads - Search corrupt catalog

2. Windows update catalog search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update catalog search not working: Hello, When I try to do a search on the page, it returns no results, no matter what I search for. For instance, search for "KB5014025". Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-catalog-search-not-working/95b202f0-cca6-4aa6-8399-6e83f0c2c6ec
  3. Windows update catalog search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update catalog search not working: Hello, When I try to do a search on the page, it returns no results, no matter what I search for. For instance, search for "KB5014025". Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-catalog-search-not-working/95b202f0-cca6-4aa6-8399-6e83f0c2c6ec
  4. Permissions Corrupted Windows 11 HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Corrupted Windows 11 HELP!!!: I am getting this popup for a lot of applications installed on my computer. I cannot open windows terminal, Microsoft teams, and even some new files that I download will automatically become corrupted and gives me this error when I try to open it. I have no clue what is wrong...
  5. Permissions Corrupted Windows 11 HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions Corrupted Windows 11 HELP!!!: I am getting this popup for a lot of applications installed on my computer. I cannot open windows terminal, Microsoft teams, and even some new files that I download will automatically become corrupted and gives me this error when I try to open it. I have no clue what is wrong...
  6. Wrong Search Results

in Cortana
    Wrong Search Results: Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like manage disconnect network drive open[when i click the it,it open the windows file explorer ,this pc srcreen] open file...
  7. Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt: Hi Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem. Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to...
  8. Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt: Hi Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem. Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to...
  9. Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily.

in Cortana
    Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily.: Hello, I noticed that my Windows 10 Pro's 1909 search function stops working in a daily basis. Rig: i7-9700K, 16gigs ddr4, gtx1080. I've rebuild the index and it works for some hours/days and then the problem comes back and search finds nothing. I keep getting these...
  10. Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.: Something around one year ago the permissions on my pc were changed by something and I have encountered many problems since. Generally, the default system permissions were changed somewhere in my main partition C:\ causing problems while installing software (installers...