Windows 10: Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer

Discus and support Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so like the title says whenever I use windows search / cortana it lags and create errors in event viewer from dcomp.dll , now i have ran dism and did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer

so like the title says whenever I use windows search / cortana it lags and create errors in event viewer from dcomp.dll , now i have ran dism and did an in place windows upgrade mind you reinstalling cortana package using power shell , clean booted yet still as is , any other thoughts ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 1, 2019

2. Cortana and search fail to start. error 15616

I am currently using windows 10 (x64) as a direct upgrade from windows 8.1

Windows 10 has been working well until now. I do not use cortana, though i do use the search function built into the start menu.

A few days ago the search function, and cortana simply stopped working. By stopped working, the app does not execute when called, and there is a clear error in the event log. The search bar does not respond to keyboard/mouse input of any form. I have attempted
    to search the internet for others with my specific error though found none.

Things i have tried:

• Checking for updates
      • none found
    • rebooted
    • executed an 'sfc /scannow' from an admin powershell window
      • found errors, fixed some of them.
    • executed DISM from admin powershell window
      • Completed successfully
    • repeated step 3
      • no errors found this time
    • rebooted
    The error i can see in the event viewer is as follows:

"0x3D00: Cannot create the process for package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.4.8.176_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy because an error was encountered while checking the user-level package status. The application cannot be started because
    it is currently updating."

though there may be other related errors i have not discovered yet.

Is there any workaround to my issue so i can regain search functionality?

theunkn0wn1, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Adam_F. Win User
    Random Lag Spikes With Event Viewer Error

Dear Srimadhwa!

I do not get any window pop-ups during the lag spikes the only thing I discovered was that when I lag in any game/program that message pops up in event viewer (the Win32K) I do not know anything else about it.

Regards

Adam

Adam_F., Apr 1, 2019
  4. BONI_1765 Win User

Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer

CORTANA error in Event Viewer

If CORTANA isn't available in my Region (PH).

Then why is it i'm having error showing in the event viewer?

* Event Id 5973 - Activation of App Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

* Event Id 10001 - Unable to start DCOM Server: CortanaUI.AppXy7vb4pc2dr3kc93kfc509b1d0arkfb2x.mca

(DistributedCOM) As Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "31"

Happened while starting the command:

"C:\Windows\system32\BackgroundTaskHost.exeServerName:CortanaUI.AppXy7vb4pc2dr3kc93kfc509b1d0arkfb2x.mca"

* Event Id 10010 - The server CortanaUI.AppXtpp90jhw9p0njjb85kvhxpppgrqfp117.mca did not register with DCOM

within the required timeout.

Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer a477e85a-d6de-4cc9-add0-5aefde8d73bc.jpg

BONI_1765, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer

1. Windows Search / Cortana lags and create errors in event viewer - Similar Threads - Search Cortana lags

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  4. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  5. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  6. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer

in Cortana
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, just upgraded to build 19041.388 In event viewer, there are many of the same error. How could I fix it? Thanks Event ID = 10001 Task Category = None Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  7. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  8. Event viewer : error when creating custom view

Event viewer : error when creating custom view: Hi, I can't create a custom view. When I click on "Custom View" under "Event Viewer (Local)" I get an error "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" [ATTACH] The detailed error appears after : [ATTACH] Content is :...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494