Windows 10: Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black

Discus and support Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I have encountered a weird problem. When I first turn on my laptop: [ATTACH] It seems to be fine. But when I press Win + S to open search or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by M H_692, Aug 12, 2020.

1. M H_692 Win User

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black

Hi,

I have encountered a weird problem. When I first turn on my laptop:

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black 2810b524-1689-472e-8a08-671b56939a6b?upload=true.jpg

It seems to be fine. But when I press Win + S to open search or touch the touchpad with three fingers, the size of the search menu does not fit:

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black 93f6f451-bf89-4b78-90f0-48fdf5710953?upload=true.jpg

Note that the rest of the screen is filled with black. It does not respond to mouse click, although mouse and keyboard work fine meaning that all keyboard shortcut and mouse is functional, just the black area does not respond to my click.

However, there is a way to bypass this problem. I notice that this problem disappear as soon as I open the start menu:

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black 39cbc864-46c7-46f1-a496-9b0cd7ab47ed?upload=true.jpg

Note that the start menu works fine. Even if I open it only once after booting the computer, the search dialogue would be functional:

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black 0ddf74d5-0e68-403b-8edf-c879e0bbbe43?upload=true.jpg

I have tried disabling all startups. I have also tried disabling all services. I also tried a safe boot. They all did not work.

:)

M H_692, Aug 12, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black

1. Windows search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the screen black - Similar Threads - search coverup taskbar

2. File Explorer not opening and making taskbar disappear and the screen go black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not opening and making taskbar disappear and the screen go black.: Like I said above when I try to open the File explorer it pops up for a second but doesn't fully load in. then the task bar goes away and the screen goes black it comes back with no taskbar and then the taskbar bounces up from the bottom. I need to figure out what is causing...
  3. File Explorer not opening and making taskbar disappear and the screen go black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not opening and making taskbar disappear and the screen go black.: Like I said above when I try to open the File explorer it pops up for a second but doesn't fully load in. then the task bar goes away and the screen goes black it comes back with no taskbar and then the taskbar bounces up from the bottom. I need to figure out what is causing...
  4. How to make the Windows 10 taskbar black again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the Windows 10 taskbar black again.: As of Windows version 21H2, the usual hacks don't work anymore Settings, Personalization, ColorsThere is not obvious way to have a beautiful black taskbar, now it's just an ugly gray. I need this fixed, it really bothers me....
  5. How to make the Windows 10 taskbar black again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make the Windows 10 taskbar black again.: As of Windows version 21H2, the usual hacks don't work anymore Settings, Personalization, ColorsThere is not obvious way to have a beautiful black taskbar, now it's just an ugly gray. I need this fixed, it really bothers me....
  6. How to make the Windows 10 taskbar black again.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows three finger search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the backscreen black Fixed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows three finger search coverup the taskbar and make the rest of the backscreen black Fixed: So this is a weird bug of windows 10 search. I reported this bug to the community before, believing it to be a device-specific problem. It is not. Check this link, also posted by me:...
  8. Screen and taskbar flashing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen and taskbar flashing black screen: Hi there, I am having a problem which make my screen and taskbar flashing also loading cursor. Yesterday, i restarted the laptop Sony and this problem has happened from now. I have followed some instructions on Youtube and I realized that when I turn off Windows Error...
  9. My search screen is black

in Cortana
    My search screen is black: When I select the search icon on taskbar, the screen comes up black except for the entry line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-screen-is-black/1a1855d7-b73e-46b1-96bc-22cd42680fe8"
  10. Black screen and flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and flashing taskbar: Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem. Black screen and flashing taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/black-screen-and-flashing-taskbar/700d6721-ed67-4ce2-8d77-4beb0935a596

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search opening full screen black