Windows 10: Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

Discus and support Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in in Cortana to solve the problem; After a recent windows update my search has been completely broken.I have tried lots of different solutions from threads with other people having the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Scott Herod, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

After a recent windows update my search has been completely broken.I have tried lots of different solutions from threads with other people having the same issue but nothing has worked.I have edited registry entries, done sfc scannow, disk check, restarting services, reinstalling cortana via powershell, getting app updates via powershell, uninstalling the recent updates... Nothing has worked so far.

:)

Scott Herod, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Gil deG Win User

I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

Hi Oscar,

One of the possible reasons why Cortana crashes after you typed in one letter is that your system got corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

article

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Jan 18, 2023
  3. how can I type a letter

There's many ways to accomplish this, but one easy way to type a letter in Windows 10 by opening the built-in "WordPad" program.

• Click the Start button
    • Type "wordpad" to find the WordPad program (it will search as you are typing)
    • Open the program and write your letter
    • Click File menu at the top to Save or Print your letter

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 18, 2023
  4. Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

upgraded to Windows 10. How do I type a letter

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Where are you trying to type a letter?
    • Which application or program are you using to type the letter?

I suggest you to use WordPad or notepad for type the letter or any documents or else please do let us know what exactly you are trying to do? Which application are you looking for typing the letter?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you further on this issue.

Karthicka_R, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

1. Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in - Similar Threads - search crashes opening

2. The search won't let me type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search won't let me type anything: I restarted my computer after installing iTunes and now it won't let me type in the search box in the start menu. If anyone knows what that means or needs any clarification, let me know. Thank you. submitted by /u/MotesBro [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in: After a recent windows update my search has been completely broken.I have tried lots of different solutions from threads with other people having the same issue but nothing has worked.I have edited registry entries, done sfc scannow, disk check, restarting services,...
  4. Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search crashes after opening and wont let me type more than a couple of letters in: After a recent windows update my search has been completely broken.I have tried lots of different solutions from threads with other people having the same issue but nothing has worked.I have edited registry entries, done sfc scannow, disk check, restarting services,...
  5. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft wont let me type in: I have a problem with my Microsoft wont let me type in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-type-in/c17518d6-9a29-4e47-bd27-1c5dd7260330
  6. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft wont let me type in: I have a problem with my Microsoft wont let me type in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-type-in/c17518d6-9a29-4e47-bd27-1c5dd7260330
  7. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows search won't let me type

in Cortana
    Windows search won't let me type: Since the most recent June windows update I have been unable to click the search menu. Same goes for windows explorer, can't even highlight the search box to begin to type. Tried rolling back the update and going back but settings say I can't do that either...I've searched...
  9. Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters

Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters: My keyboard was fine a few hours ago, however now whenever I try to type, it won't register 2 consecutive letters together. For example if I tried to type "Google", only "Gogle" would show up. Also after each letter I type, I hear this ticking noise coming from the computer....
  10. Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter: I downloaded and installed a windows update yesterday and now everytime I type anything in windows search it crashes. submitted by /u/Znuffles_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkg31z/windows_10_search_bar_crashes_after_typing_one/