Windows 10: Windows search does not search inside the files.

Discus and support Windows search does not search inside the files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I cant take results from inside of file contents (etc .css) while I've made the relevant choice in Windows Search. After searching the internet I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bug locker, May 5, 2021.

1. Windows search does not search inside the files.

Hi. I cant take results from inside of file contents (etc .css) while I've made the relevant choice in Windows Search. After searching the internet I read that it may be the file "Searchui.exe". Indeed, the file does not even exist on my system. Αnyone to have some idea to fix this ? (Ver. Pro 20H2 19042.928) Thanks.

:)

bug locker, May 5, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, May 5, 2021
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 5, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Windows search does not search inside the files.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows search does not search inside the files.

1. Windows search does not search inside the files. - Similar Threads - search does search

2. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  3. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  4. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Cortana
  5. why does search not show the files i search for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does search not show the files i search for: When I search for files I know are there, it doesn't matter if i search my entire hard disc or the specific folders where i have the files, the search comes back empty. Here is an example, if I was looking for an Allman Brothers song with "Allman Brothers" in the filenames...
  6. why does search not show the files i search for

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does search not show the files i search for: When I search for files I know are there, it doesn't matter if i search my entire hard disc or the specific folders where i have the files, the search comes back empty. Here is an example, if I was looking for an Allman Brothers song with "Allman Brothers" in the filenames...
  7. windows search inside file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows search inside file: despite turning on all the options, windows still won't search inside the pdf I have on my desktop. I use one drive so basically desktop is a one drive folder.I tried indexing options, enhanced search. All these options do is sometimes search in a .txt file. Coming from Mac...
  8. search file explorer for text inside of a spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search file explorer for text inside of a spreadsheet: I have a folder which contains spreadsheets from my vendor. Each one has a list of invoices for a period of time. I'm trying to search the folder using file explorer for a specific invoice number but there are no search results. To rule out the possibility that the record...
  9. Search does not work inside Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search does not work inside Windows 10 Settings: Hi, I can see this matter has been discussed several times on the internet. Nonetheless there seems to be no final answer or solution for it. The problem is, the search function inside Windows 10 Settings does not work. I saw there are mainly 2 solutions offered online:...
  10. Windows 10 not searching inside txt files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not searching inside txt files: Hi, Windows 10 is not searching inside txt files anymore. How can I resolve this? [Note: I had a similar issue with Windows 10 not searching inside pdf files and was able to resolve that thanks to this article:...