Windows 10: Windows search doesn't open

Discus and support Windows search doesn't open in Cortana to solve the problem; My Windows installation got lately corrupt. I performed a clean install and Windows works now just fine. But Windows search no longer opens. The... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Anonymous887511, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows search doesn't open

My Windows installation got lately corrupt. I performed a clean install and Windows works now just fine. But Windows search no longer opens. The troubleshooting application says that the search folder has incorrect permissions. Chkdsk, sfc nor dism could fix the problem. What to do?

:)

Anonymous887511, May 26, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows search doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 26, 2020
  3. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, May 26, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Windows search doesn't open

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows search doesn't open

1. Windows search doesn't open - Similar Threads - search doesn't open

2. Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps: Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps.When I type in the name of software that I know I have on my PC or I type in any Windows features, nothing happens...
  3. Windows search doesn't work.

in Cortana
    Windows search doesn't work.: This issue caused me to upgrade my pc from version 20H2 to 21H1. This issue occured earlier and I sought help from Microsoft community. They told me to do scans like, sfc /scannow, DISM scans. Since nothing worked, I had to upgrade my pc. Now it is back again!! Every time...
  4. search doesn't open in my windows 10

in Cortana
    search doesn't open in my windows 10: when open start menu and try to write somthing, it doesn't show any thing, when click search on bar it doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-doesnt-open-in-my-windows-10/373227f7-a104-41a3-acb2-68ad466b94a3
  5. Windows Search doesn't close after opening a folder

in Cortana
    Windows Search doesn't close after opening a folder: When I open a folder from Windows Search by searching for it and pressing Enter, the folder opens in an Explorer window but Windows Search doesn't close itself I have to close it manually by click anywhere on the screen. If you search for a folder in your computer and...
  6. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  7. Search window doesn't leave

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search window doesn't leave: Hello, When I make a movement in the touchpad i didn't figure out what is the exact movement yet, the search window appears and it doesn't leave even when i click in another point on the PC. Thus, i have to shut down my PC from the "on/off" button, in order to leave....
  8. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead: As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search results for Spotify. I tried different commands: open, launch, start... nothing works. I tried it with many different programs,...
  9. Windows search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search doesn't work: Hello Microsoft, Is there an update in the works for your file search function? It is absolutely terrible at the moment - even when I type in the exact file name in Explorer search, it can't find it! The OS is otherwise solid, but this is a massive, massive fail. I'm...
  10. Search doesn't search programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't search programs: Whenever I want to search for a specific program it doesn't show anything. For example if I search 'Steam' a program that exist in the OS, it will find nothing. I also noticed that it doesn't search files that aren't inside the OS drive. (A song on another HDD) Did...