Windows 10: windows search doesn't work as intended

Discus and support windows search doesn't work as intended in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; search bar and in folders search cant find my files. Search bar problem just happened after updating ex: before i type Evernote fully it doesn't appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/orcunsincap, Jun 14, 2020.

1. windows search doesn't work as intended

search bar and in folders search cant find my files. Search bar problem just happened after updating ex: before i type Evernote fully it doesn't appear in result. what should i do? I will try resetting windows but i have exams coming up i am waiting them to finish

submitted by /u/orcunsincap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/orcunsincap, Jun 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows search doesn't work as intended [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 14, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

windows search doesn't work as intended [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

windows search doesn't work as intended

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

windows search doesn't work as intended

1. windows search doesn't work as intended - Similar Threads - search doesn't intended

2. Network share doesn't work as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share doesn't work as intended: On my main PC, when I try to connect to my other pc I'll call it "SERVER" here through the network tab in file explorer I get the error "Windows cannot access \\SERVER" with the description of "You do not have permission to access \\SERVER".I know network sharing is working...
  3. Network share doesn't work as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network share doesn't work as intended: On my main PC, when I try to connect to my other pc I'll call it "SERVER" here through the network tab in file explorer I get the error "Windows cannot access \\SERVER" with the description of "You do not have permission to access \\SERVER".I know network sharing is working...
  4. Headset not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  5. Windows search doesn't work.

in Cortana
    Windows search doesn't work.: This issue caused me to upgrade my pc from version 20H2 to 21H1. This issue occured earlier and I sought help from Microsoft community. They told me to do scans like, sfc /scannow, DISM scans. Since nothing worked, I had to upgrade my pc. Now it is back again!! Every time...
  6. Search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Search doesn't work: For a while now, seemingly after the May update, the search icon/box doesn't doanything. The thing is, it works on different user... What I tried: taking ownership of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data and adding full control for my user account rebuilding index...
  7. Search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search doesn't work: Basically the title Windows-wide search stopped working for me about a month or 1.5 ago. I can't use the searchbar, I can't use the Windows Explorer search or the search in any of the settings menus / any other menu, basically, no Windows Search at all. It just won't let me...
  8. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....
  9. Windows search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search doesn't work: Hello Microsoft, Is there an update in the works for your file search function? It is absolutely terrible at the moment - even when I type in the exact file name in Explorer search, it can't find it! The OS is otherwise solid, but this is a massive, massive fail. I'm...
  10. windows spotlight not working as intended?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows spotlight not working as intended?: windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up. steps taking. refreshed system with deleting everything. sfc detected no problems dism no problems. 30602