Windows 10: Windows Search doesnt work

Discus and support Windows Search doesnt work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to find sth in win search but it doesnt work. The tab doesnt open at all, I click on the search function on the bar and the search tab doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ylyb09, Oct 6, 2020.

1. /u/Ylyb09 Win User

Windows Search doesnt work

I wanted to find sth in win search but it doesnt work. The tab doesnt open at all, I click on the search function on the bar and the search tab doesnt pop out, nothing happens, like I wouldnt click it. What is going on? Restarting PC didnt help at all.

submitted by /u/Ylyb09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ylyb09, Oct 6, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 6, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    microsoft windows store doesnt work properly

We suggest resetting your Windows store to help with your issue. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 6, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Search doesnt work - Similar Threads - Search doesnt

2. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

in Cortana
    Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  3. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  4. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon

in Cortana
    Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  6. Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  7. Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon

8. Windows Search doesnt stop running after disabling it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search doesnt stop running after disabling it: So I have had this problem for a long time now. I have been trying to fix this issue for an year and windows search still running and is eating up my ram. I also tried hard reseting my laptop but nothing worked. I also tried the Methods which I found in the microsoft wepsite...
  9. Windows Search doesnt stop running after disabling it

Windows Search doesnt stop running after disabling it: So I have had this problem for a long time now. I have been trying to fix this issue for an year and windows search still running and is eating up my ram. I also tried hard reseting my laptop but nothing worked. I also tried the Methods which I found in the microsoft wepsite...
  10. Windows Search doesnt stop running after disabling it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging